Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Metallica thoght

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Dec 2, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I was was just thinking that the guys in metallica were in their early and mid 20's when the wrote some of their best music,Lightining, Master, Justice where people in their early mid 20's write very diffrent kinds of music today, just seems to me that the Metallica guys were writting like they were lifetime pros in the 20's.

2. And I was 15 doing my lifetimes best partying at the time

:D

There's a reason I don't drink or do drugs anymore .... and I blame Metallica!

;)

3. MAJOR METAL

drugs are no good, good luck with staying clean:)

4. word to that!

5. MAJOR METAL

Metallica is a great band and i am looking foward to hearing new music from them. I really am just amazed at what they put toghether.I think St. Anger is truly some of their best work, and i am a long time metallica fan.:)

6. I think that Load and was a good album, but after that everything was ok, but If you want to hear some impressively fast playing, that sounds awesome their earlier stuff is the best example from any band that I have heard. But I do like their last album better than anything that has come out recently in "rock":spit: WHERE ARE THE GUITAR SOLOS!

7. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    hey man im sorry but metallicas best stuff..god no. ive been a fan since the start and i have to say that after cliff died (R.I.P) the band died with it.... the self entitled was teh last ok thing and everything was down hill after that. and i rob there new bassits IMO is the worst bassist for them.

8. MAJOR METAL

Its all a matter of taste for me i get something out of it. But getting back to the topic isint it amazing they were writting this stuff in their early to mid 20's.

9. Cliff was the man. Metal kicks ass.
    Jason was alright. Rock is good.
    Rob, I don't like. punk-"rock" sucks

10. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    Tell Cliff Burton's zombified corpse that Punk "Rock" sucks and he'd use whichever arm had the Misfits tattoo on it to punch you in your face. And then he'd eat your brains. Because he'd be a zombie, and all.They like brains.

11. I should definitely have phrased that better...I do like some punk and don't by any means thing real punk sucks. What I do think sucks is MTV's PG mainstream punk*.
    I should have said that I don't like Metallica's new sound: lyrics not great, guitar and drums ok, bass lacking, overall sound bad.

I said what I said out of anger for what Metallica has become and hating a select few mainstream punk bands.

*I admit I don't watch any MTV anymore so I don't know what they play (during the 20 min/day they play music).

12. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Another Metallica thought: Isn't it amazing that a band getting such massive support (from both record companies and fans), at the same time barely have written a memorable tune in the last 12 years!

13. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    With a couple of exceptions, I unfortunately have to agree, Oysterman...:oops:

But Damn is their older stuff ever good. KEA, RTL, MoP, ...AJFA, all excellent stuff, especially the first three. THAT'S why I support Metallica. Hell, who knows, they may do some good stuff in the future...:D

14. Coypu

Coypu Banned

Feb 24, 2003
    Sweden
    Metallica used to be good, now they are mediocre at best. Metal have moved forward while metallica went backwords into a more rock sound. But I don't care, new bands have taken their place and that is a natural thing to happen.

15. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

:eek: :eek: BLASPHEMY!

:D

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

OK, I cleaned up all of the off topic crap in this thread, and I am reopening it.

Let's stay on topic, people!