Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A MIGHTY WIND (music related)...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DirtDog, Apr 14, 2003.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    ...haven't seen any posts on this yet, so here you go:

From the producers of "Best in Show" and "Waiting for Guffman", a different musical experience (featuring members of Spinal Tap, no less).

A Mighty Wind

2. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    I was flipping channels the other day, and came across "The Big Easy Awards" (New Orleans=The BIg Easy, case that isn't widely known). It was on the local cable channel.

Hosting it was Harry Shearer (Derek Smalls of Spinal Tap, voices on the Simpsons, and now he's the bass player in A Mighty Wind). Very weird. He welcomed Vance Degeneres (Daily show, the new Let's Make a Deal, he's from New Orleans), calling Vance "my fellow bass player". My mom told me he was in a band called The Cold, though I haven't heard of them. Not super-related to your topic, but I thought it was all just a weird occurence.

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I can't wait for this flick to come to my area! I already own This is Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, and Best in Show on DVD. These Chris Guest (and co.) films are great!

4. Looks like it could be cool, in a wierd kinda way. Oddball movie done well...

5. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    my band has decided to make a night of it all - spinal tap reunion dvd + mighty wind movie...this friday....!

dd