Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A miracle has happened

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I walked to my car with my girlfriend on the way to see a movie. I looked at the car and noticed it had a flat tire. I said, "Damn. I guess I have to change the tire." I changed the tire and thought, "How lucky I am to have not been on my way to a gig, or work." I immediately drove to get the flat fixed because it's dangerous to drive around on a donut. Had to buy a new tire. Was happy to only pay $45 as opposed to $90 like my service station charges me for tires. Missed the movie, but felt good about it all.

To anyone who knows me, the above story is nothing short of an absolute miracle.

2. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    similar situation...

i slid my truck into a curb during our last bit of snow. i knew i shouldnt have been out driving but...
    well, i blew a tire and busted the rim. i made it to my friends house which was about a block away and spent the night. go up the next morning and put on the spare. i am very thankful that no one got hurt and that it didnt happen while i was on the freeway doing 60 mph.

3. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :eyebrow:

I hope you don't expect to be beatified just for a flat tyre :p :smug:
    Just kidding ;)

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    It's a miracle that I slashed your tire? :p

5. My car doesn't have any empty gas tank, that's almost like a miracle.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    the miracle part is that I didn't curse, didn't get all bent outta shape, didn't call daddy, didn't throw a fit, didn't leave it there and say frig it - i'll do something about it later, didn't call AAA, blah blah blah blah.

i NEVER have a good attitude about these kinda things. i'm getting scared that I might be growing up. :eek:

nah. i'm sure it was just a one time thing.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My miracles are usually a little better than that.