A Modest Request

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andvari7, Oct 9, 2011.

1. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I will admit that this is a strange request, but I feel it is necessary, in order for me to better understand chorus pedals.

As you all know, I recently bought a Moog ClusterFlux, which is a fantastic pedal. It is certainly the last chorus pedal I intend to purchase, and possibly the last effect pedal of any category. That said, I am always interested in knowing about new sounds, and there is certainly no sound that is, in theory, different than the Effectrode Vibra Chorus.

I recognize that tube pedals are almost entirely hype, and I have read Howard Davis' opinions on the subject, but I still find myself drawn to that Effectrode. It is in that spirit of discovery that I make this request: If there are any TalkBass Forumites who would be so gracious as to lend me their Effectrode Vibra Chorus for a period of time, in order for me to write a review in my own inimitable fashion?

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    It would probably be helpful if I knew whether any of you actually have one of these pink beasties.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Side note, I got your re-write review and it's a gas of course; just haven't figured out what to do with it yet. ;)

4. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    You could post it here or on your site, but I did make some editorial notes which must be addressed.

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    The offer still stands. I want to try the Strymon and the Effectrode.

6. Fitz

Fitz

Oct 20, 2009
    Don't get your hopes up.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021