A Modest Request

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by andvari7, Oct 9, 2011.

1. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I will admit that this is a strange request, but I feel it is necessary, in order for me to better understand chorus pedals.

As you all know, I recently bought a Moog ClusterFlux, which is a fantastic pedal. It is certainly the last chorus pedal I intend to purchase, and possibly the last effect pedal of any category. That said, I am always interested in knowing about new sounds, and there is certainly no sound that is, in theory, different than the Effectrode Vibra Chorus.

I recognize that tube pedals are almost entirely hype, and I have read Howard Davis' opinions on the subject, but I still find myself drawn to that Effectrode. It is in that spirit of discovery that I make this request: If there are any TalkBass Forumites who would be so gracious as to lend me their Effectrode Vibra Chorus for a period of time, in order for me to write a review in my own inimitable fashion?

2. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    It would probably be helpful if I knew whether any of you actually have one of these pink beasties.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Side note, I got your re-write review and it's a gas of course; just haven't figured out what to do with it yet. ;)

4. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    You could post it here or on your site, but I did make some editorial notes which must be addressed.

5. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    The offer still stands. I want to try the Strymon and the Effectrode.

6. Fitz

Fitz

Oct 20, 2009
    Don't get your hopes up.