A mohel walks into a briss.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jacob M, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    "NEW YORK (AP) – City health officials are investigating the death of a baby boy who was one of three infants to contract herpes after a rabbi circumcised them.

Ten days after Rabbi Yitzhok Fischer performed religious circumcisions on twins last October, one died of herpes and the other tested positive for the virus, according to complaint filed by the health department in Manhattan Supreme Court.

The complaint, reported in Wednesday’s edition of the New York Daily News, also said health officials later found a third baby who had contracted herpes after being circumcised by Fischer in late 2003.

Under Jewish law, a mohel – someone who performs circumcisions – draws blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand, but Fischer uses a rare practice where he uses his mouth."
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Ya I heard about this on the local radio station last week. Disgusting and worthless.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  4. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    circumcision was started before the bathtub was invented , during a time when bathing had superstitious conotations.

its about as useful now as a clitorectomy.

ITS 2005
  5. OUCH! I once saw a circumcision on a baby........I was like 'uuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrg, poor kid'. Luckily he was under anasthetic.

6. Since when was circumcision mutilation? With exception of rare cases like these, there is absolutely nothing wrong with cirumcision.
  7. Nothing now, but if you were an infant now, you would think otherwise.

"Lets cutoff half of his penis" "Why, it doesn't do any harm?" "IT'S TRADITION!!!' *CHOPP!*

I want the other half of my dick back.
  8. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    I too miss my foreskin at times. This article sounds like a joke though... he sucks on the wound? :eyebrow:
  9. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    It was reported by the Associated Press, they're not a joke news organization, if the AP says the Manhattan Supreme Court filed a complaint about this, I believe them.

And about Circumcision, it's not just an aincent hebrew tradition, otherwise 90% of American boys wouldn't be circumcized. It's certainly better to have a doctor do it than some random Jewish guy, but there are many sanitary advantages to circumcision. The plurality of the goyum world doesn't just have their sons penises cut up for fun, there's actually a reason for it.
  10. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Do you have a link to the article? It just sounds suspicious to me because I haven't heard of this elsewhere.
  11. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sorry to hear that the foreskin was an entire half! :p
  12. Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    I've heard about the whole drawing the blood with the mouth thing before. It was common back in the day. Like, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day.
  13. Jacob M

Jacob M

Aug 28, 2004
    New York
    Well the original story came from the Associated Press wire service, and was distributed to the major news corporations; here's a link to a CNN copy of the report

Though where would you expect to hear that, on the evening news, after the sports and before the weather?
  14. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Okay, we've got mouth... infant penis... blood... herpes...

I sincerely hope there isn't some kind of contest on between rabbis and Catholic priests.

15. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    (sits tight and prepares for all hell to break loose in this thread)
  16. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    (Takes a seat next to Mark)
  17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I'm just glad nobody does this to their baby boys over here. :meh:

The hygiene aspect of it is surely obsolete in industrial nations.
  18. Apparently cut willies look bigger.

I said "apparently".
  19. Uncircumcised penises have been correlated with higher cases of cervical cancer. And would you like to be the nurse who has to clean the incapacitated 90 year old man's foreskin so he doesn't get an infection?