1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A moral dilemma?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I recorded on a single a while back now they want to make a video for it where they plan on depicting the musicians (including me) smoking and drinking alcohol throughout the video and indulging in other frivolous activities :p which i do not really approve of anymore. In fact am personally pretty tired of it all, i quit the drinking and occasional smokes a while back but not too long back really, and at this stage i really do not want to go on even mimicking any of it much rather condone the same in any way at all.

The way i look at it, it might be beneficial in some ways to be featured on a music video for a catchy single which might get picked up and go viral later but am not an actor who is getting paid to portray a character, which is think this video making process needs to me do. But instead am a musician who can just attempt at portraying himself a little in front of the camera but i dont think they want that. So am not sure about what to do now, do i pull out or do i talk to the guys who seem like they wont care about what am comfortable with and come back with vague responses as they always have :|

ideas?

2. Since you aren't comfortable doing it, find an actor to play your role.

3. Thats what am thinking really, i hope that works out.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Put on some Elvis Costello glasses and be the odd man out in the video.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space CA
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Just tell them that they can smoke/drink and you'll be the cool one with the E. Costello glasses like Munji said.

6. looks like am going to be on the video, just playing the bass..
    ive got a pair similar to these :p
    elvis_costello.

7. bigswifty1

bigswifty1

Dec 8, 2011
    Wear an anti-smoking lobby t shirt ?

8. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Or grab a straight edge t-shirt and wear it , I actually think the odd man idea is a pretty good one.