a most uncool plunge

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by godoze, Dec 23, 2002.

1. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I finally did it . I bought a minivan. My wife is expecting in March. I fought it 'til the end but she is just smarter than me and my arguments continually fell flat.

Kinda like driving the "enterprise."

I guess it will be good for hauling my DB, a couple of slabs and amps to gigs - that is, if she'll let me drive it !
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I feel your pain. When my 9 year old was born, I went and got a new Nissan Quest. It was a great mini van, but it still was a mini van! When he got older, I got an SUV, and after that, it's been Maximas ever since. We ended up putting 316,000+ miles on that van. Get something cool.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    yeah i got ripped. it was supposed to be my turn for a new car(and she went and got pregnant ! I keep asking her how this could happen...). oh well, hopefully Audi A8's will still be in production in 5 years or so...
  4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    My wife has a Quest, and I have a Maxima, both the same year. I call her van the big purse on wheels. It's got crap she forgot she had in it, and you have to move a pile of crap if you want to sit down on the seat. My Maxima is spotless. We've had the Maxima for 3 years, she's driven it 4 times.

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  5. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    We own two -- my wife drives a 2001 Chrysler Town & Country (All-Wheel-Drive!), and I have her old '94 Dodge Caravan (took that when I traded in my Chevy Blazer, which was a total POS).

I don't mind though -- the Caravan is a babe magnet. Women dig it.

No really, I see chicks driving those all the time...

When it comes to utlity, you just can't beat 'em -- my rig fits real nice in the back.

But it's all about function, and not about form -- they look like big rolling turds on wheels.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    no shame in a minivan... I'd just go with an SUV.. then again... i don't have kids
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey, I've been driving a Chevy Astro LT for the past 2 years. Lemme tell you, it's a nice rig. It handles just fine, gets WAY better mpg than an SUV, and can hold more too. So what if it's not a chick magnet? Rather have room to haul all my bass gear, a drumset, a PA, and 5 people in ONE load than something shiney. And, that was with the two rows of seats in.

Hell, my bro and I have packed an entire apartment into the back of it, (the rows were taken out). That's flexibilty right there.

Ironically, I'm now inheriting my stepdads GMC Jimmy, which is smaller, but I still think of as a step down...

Well, I mean, considering, the Astro is actually a van, but hey. I call it the Mommy-mobile or the Land Tank, depending on my mood. Or, when I've got girls in the car (hey, it's happened) it's the Mystery Machine.
  8. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    We call my wife's van the Herkimer Battle Jitney (fans of the movie "Mystery Men" will understand).

And mine is lovingly known as the Studwagon.

9. :D :p that has to be the most beautiful thing i heard today