1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a new bass amp for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rickenbaker, Apr 17, 2009.

1. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Jul 20, 2007
    Hey guys, I going to get a job this summer and using the money to get a new amp. I'm definently looking for all tube and money is not really a concern as I'm of the school of thought that if I like the tone enough I'll pay for it. I'm looking for an amp that can get gritty and dirty for a good rock tone( going to start a band as soon as I get the amp), but can also warm up for church gigs( going to start church gigs once I get the amp). I'm looking at the peavey vb-2, vb-3, reeves custom-225, or really any other that's worth checking out

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Reeves custom 225 is getting raves, but very expensive. A summer job doesn't seem like enough. There's always the SVT, but plenty of non-tube amps get great tone for rock.

3. rickenbaker

rickenbaker

Jul 20, 2007
    well, I'm about to go into college so the job won't be just for the summer. I'm asking for advise now becuase for some reason I find that I need to focus my gas in the long term

4. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Hi rickenbaker.

One could buy two Traynor YBA200-2's for the price of some other tube amps.

5. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    Aguilar DB751?

6. boogie8008

boogie8008

Nov 18, 2008
    Denver CO
    Mesa M6