A New Bass Mag?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bentem, Apr 19, 2003.

1. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    I was flipping through a Guitar World magazine, and i saw an add that said the editors of guitarworld are making a new magazine "devoted to the power and glory of heavy bass guitar" Its coming in june 2003, and is called "BassGuitar"

I think bass player is the only bass magazine out right now(in the US).
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Someone from the website www.bassguitarmagazine.com emailed me asking to swap a link. I put one up, but after a week of them not putting a link up for me I took it down. I wonder if it's the same outfit.
  3. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    It's not the same magizine. The one you linked has been around for a while. Guitar World's "BassGuitar"s first issue will be June 2003.
  4. Bassworld and Bassguitarmagazine have had a bit of a falling out- Bassworld's asking for a (free) ad in the magazine in return for promoting them since they started.

Bassguitarmagazine needs to get its distribution together- I like the magazine but it's a pain to have to go all the way to central london to buy it from the only shop that stocks it.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have 3 copies of BassGuitar Mag, and so far, I like it. I can only find them @ Barnes and Nobles.
  6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yeah, but isn't that what subscriptions are for?

They did send me a sample issue, I think I'm getting my sub in during next month. I think it's £18 for continental countries, not bad price considering BP is something like seven quids per issue here.
  7. I don't have a credit card, so getting a subscription would be difficult.
    also I like to see the magazine first- I've bought every copy so far, but if an issue consisted soley of yet more unquestioning Mark King/Nick Beggs idol-worship, I wouldn't buy it.
  8. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's Barnes and Noble. No "s". I'm sorry this is one of my pet peeves along with "Wal-marts" "El Chicos" and any other singular, non-possesive business name that people add an "s" to.

I know, I know...I'll go kick my own a$$ now. :(
    If you want we can get together later and then you can have a go.

brad cook
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL!! I understand. I have the same hang ups with "ATM machine" & "Tuna fish"! :p
  10. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Wait, i thinki im lost. "bass guitarMagazine" is out already? i thought it was coming in June. And what is "bassworld"
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Whuh? You mean with people adding an extra "s" to those words?

brad cook
  12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Holy Crap! I say those things!

(hangs head in shame and contemplates what an idiot he's been...............................................................................................realizing that would take way too long, he promises to stop saying those two things, -while keeping the list open in case of future revelations.)
  13. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I named my dalmation Peeve. She's my pet Peeve ;) . When people ask what my peeve is, I always say a 60lbs. Dalmation. Gets strange looks every time. :cool:
  14. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    The thing that drives me nuts(I know I know, it's a short trip) is when when I hear some one say "5 am in the morning". As opposed to 5 AM in the afternoon? :rolleyes:
  15. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah, yeah, how about Waterburger?
  16. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    There are 3 bass mags i know of : and the new one will make 4.

bassics, originaly from canada, now in california
    ron garants mag.

bass player

bassguitar magazine from the uk. i just got issue #6
    it started last year.

the new one bassguitar is going to be published by guitar world magazine, suposed to be out in june 2003.
  17. Another peeve expression which seems to have become acceptable on newscasts is "a high rate of speed". The appropriate wording is "a high speed", since speed already is a rate - the rate of distance traveled.

signed: Dept. of Redundancy department.:D
  18. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Bassfrontiers was pretty good when they came in also, Not even sure if there stil around.
  19. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I think they are de-funked, i used to see them around a few years back, but have not seen any in a long time. I knew there was one i could not remember the name of. I never has a script
    with that one, where as bassics and bass player and bassguitarmag i have every issue. I am going to
    to check out that new one when it comes out.
    :) i also saw a bass mag at borders for upright players, i think it was BASSIST, but not sure of the name.