Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A new cab!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by I.'.I.'.Nakoa, Feb 28, 2002.

1. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Well, my Peavey 115bw blew about a week or 2 ago, and today I got my final check from my last job and bought me a Sonic 2x15 with eminence speakers. This cab is wonderful, very nice sound. Just thought I would share!

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I loathe thee.

Well, how does it sound?

3. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    It sounds very good, doesnt bottom out easily eitherIt will get the job done very well until i can afford a mesa/boogie diesel 2x15.:D

heres a better ( well not really) pic of it.

4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    wow nakoa! nice cab!

5. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    Thanks man!:D

6. Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    Prague
    i think they put eminence to everything .. i think i had emalmost in each box...

7. I don't know what amp you're using, but Eminence speakers I've seen don't seem to survive high powered amps very well, especially if you play with a lot of transient peaks. They die like Iraqi soldiers when pushed by a G-K 800RB. I know of a few people who liked thier Sonic cabinets for thier durability. As soon as the Eminence speakers croaked, they put Celestions or Carvin or JBL speakers in the Sonic cab and lived happily ever after.

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

How much was the cab and were do you buy Sonic cabs?