A new fingerboard?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Michael Case, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Hello all,
    I've been toying around with the idea of putting a new fingerboard on my Strunal. I'm lucky enough to afford this right now, but I'm just wondering if it's worth it. After all a fingerboard will cost almost as much as the bass. But I'm really happy with the bass and think it would be worth it. Am I being foolish?
    P.S. I am not in a position to buy a better bass yet, so I'm really thinking about making the most of what I have now.
  2. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I doubt the cost of an ebony fingerboard will improve arythmetically the resell value of your Strunal. You'd better no fiddle around and rather maintain your axe in it's best condition as a decent beginer outfit, and resell it as such. Save your bucks for when you'll encounter your dream bass, or you will be sorry not to have the dow at point.
  3. This is all good food for thought, I was in the mind set of holding on to this bass as a 2nd bass even when my "dream bass" is in sight. I really don't want to tool around NYC with a bass that's worth several thousand dollares unless it's a gig that's worth it. So I was thinking that the Strunal could be with me for quite some time. Plus it's really starting to sound very good after a little aging, so now I'm curious to hear it with a nice fat fingerboard.
    Just a thought.