Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A new groove, alone with my acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gabu, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It seems like lately I just can't put down my guitar. I am really getting into playing my stuff with a kind of folksy feel and I like playing by myself more than with my band. I think the only exception I would make would be for a percussionist... maybe. Some bongos or something would be really sweet with some of my tuneage.

I still play bass (and love it) in my guitarists band. But not for me anymore. It's Kinda weird... anways, just thought I would share.

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I hear ya.

The great thing about the acoustic guitar is you can be a one man band. You get rhythmic/percussive feel, lead, and vocals in one package. I play my Taylor 20x more than my Strat.

3. Gabu,

Most of my life has been spent playing music by myself with my guitar. I am a writer and what I write comes from the heart - so how can I expect someone to co-write with me?????

I kinda miss the band thing and in the future I'll be trying to get together with some of my friends from years ago for fun. But if we play my songs, they will be MY songs. Actually I hope we DON'T play too many of my songs since most of them can't really be put in a band setting and still work. That's like some of the best acoustic folks from the 60's and 70's kept some of their most intimate material very simple on record - just voice and guitar - early Dylan, some Young and Stills stuff.