A new Kustom Groovebass User - now, which cabs to get?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by liquid-dream-ex, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I bought the Kustom Groovebass today... though i was originally leaning forwards the GK 1001.. but since that one wasn't available till september, i went for this amp.

Now i wanna get a cab... i was thinking on buying a cheap thomann 1x15 cab. and getting an avatar 2x10 with it.

Will the 2x10 Cab be enough as a stand alone speaker for small gigs, where we need to haul a lot of gear, or will i be better off with a 2x12 (which is considerably more expensive, here in europe)?

Or should I go for a Avatar 4x10 Neo all along the way and forget about the thoman cab? (which will again be more expensive).

Edit: link for the Thomann cab: http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel-179669.html
  2. congrats on your new purchase.
  3. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    ive heard nothing but good things on the Avatar cabs on here!
    your Kustom pushes 600 watts at 8ohm ! 12000 at 2 ohms! i
    would go for the 410 neo!! it would handle the watts better
    thats just me! you do what sounds best for your style!! :eyebrow:

fender usa jazz 4
    Kustom groove 1200
    traynor 1510 cab
  4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Avatars do work great and they do ship them overseas. They are a bargain here in the states, but for the same money (after the cost of overseas shipping on the Avatars), you might be able to get something a bit better. I would search out quality cabs made in Europe. The good news is, even if you find great sounding great that are not efficient with power (example: Accugroove I believe), the Groove Bass has PLENTY of power to drive almost anything! Good luck!

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats on the purchase....welcome to the club!

I have a 210 NEO that I use for small gigs and some church stuff (driven by a GrooveBass 1200). I don't have any problem being heard over a guitarist, drums, piano, and keyboards @ church. For medium sized clubs, my guitarist uses a Marshall half-stack, so I'm ordering a 212 for a litle extra booty.

What works for you depends on what genres of music you play and other instruments in your band...jazz, blues, contemporary Christian or gospel would be ok with the 210..anything else you'd need another cab, IMO (212 highly recommended over a 410)
  6. Quadzilla... avatar doesn't ship to europe, but they have substoributors.

The 2x10 would cost me 350€, the 2x12 is about 400-500 if i remember correctly. Are there better cabs for that amount of money (or even less)?

I played a gig with the groovebass yesterday night, through an ampeg 8x10, and i loved that i had so much power available if needed... i only had mastervolume to 8 o'clock and it was loud enough.
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Liquid. I only know what's avail here in the states at a reasonable price. I wish I could help you over there across the pond... Hit as many shops and websites over there as you can. Good luck!