A new member of the family

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman1185, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Well, I noticed that there have been about a million "I got a new bass" threads in the last couple of weeks, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and get a new bass, too. So I bought an MTD Heir 5.:D Here's the really sweet part: the previous owner put in a two-band Aguilar preamp! I'm so freaking excited! Hopefully, it will get to me by this Wednesday or Thursday, so I'll post my thoughts on it then.
  2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Please post some pictures if possible! I love looking at other peoples basses. Bring on the GAS
  3. Let me know how the preamp works out in your Heir. I have an Heir and I've toyed with the idea of installing one, so I'd be interested to hear how it helps.
  4. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    c'mon, where are all the pics?!

5. I'll be sure to let you all know my initial thoughts once I get it. I've never actually played an Heir before, but I've played Kingstons, and they have the most comfortable neck I can think of. I think I'll really like it.
  6. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    .....(looks at watch)......

.....(looks again)........:p
  7. here's the pic from the auction. It isn't very good, but it lets you see what it looks like.
  8. Ok, the picture won't load for some reason. Probably because I know nothing about computers. Sorry. :(
  9. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Don't you love it when previous owners upgrade their already good basses to even better, then turn around and sell them, only to find out that they can't recoup the cost of their upgrades?:rolleyes:
  10. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Still waiting for the pics

11. Sorry, man, but but I can't post the picture of it for some reason. If it helps any, the picture is really bad. You can't even see the flame on the top. Once I actually get it I'll see if I can borrow a digital camera from somebody and post some better ones. I'll try posting it one last time though.
  12. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    .....(going to sleep early so I can wake up to pics of bassmans bass)...........
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    congrats on the new bass. pics?
  14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    you cant make these threads without posting pics!!

and thats a talkbass unwritten law!
  15. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    I know it's been said before, but where are those pictures?
  16. Come on, everybody, I don't even have the bass yet. Like I said, I'll post pics as soon as I can. And, to get you all off my back, if there's one more "let's see a picture!" reply, I won't post ant pics. So HA!;)
  17. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    "Lets see a picture!"

18. That's it! You've lost your picture priveleges, young man!;)