Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a new mp3 of my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by john turner, Apr 19, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    finally, i got a pretty good mixdown finished of another one of our songs - this one is called fear. here's the link...

http://lordonly.net/Mp3s/Fear-LordOnly.mp3

there's some pretty neat vocals in parts of this one - i'm the low voice :D. i played my fretless unlined 7 on this one, i think the tone came out pretty well. i mixed it myself - not the greatest mix, but probably one of my better ones, for whatever that's worth.

if it comes up and says "this page cannot be displayed", right click and "save as". that should work.

let me know what you guys think.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    It aint my cup o' tea, but I can respect the talent of everyone in your band and the work that goes into what you love to do. Nice work, not that I expect it to mean much...

3. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, thanks for downloading it and giving it a listen. :)

4. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Wow. Nice job, JT! I really like it.

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    very "rushy" at moments :D

cool!

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good shtuff, john! Very nicely done.:)

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    JT,

Sounds great, even through my tiny, cheesy laptop speakers;)

The band needs a decent bass player, though!:eek:LOL j/k

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    John,

Your bass really stands out well!:D Did you use any special recording techniques? Direct? DI box? It doesn't sound mic'd.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Man, that's a really good mix, John! I like the tune, it is Rush influenced, but has your own personality in it. Great cutting tone on the riff after the intro, is that fingernail?

Let's see...I've known you about 4 or 5 years now, and that CD still isn't done? Sounds like your getting close, just make sure I get my copy.

11. Nice stuff, I really enjoyed it :).

12. Good stuff JT! Not my genre, but I can appreciate good music regardless (and good bass playing too!)

X

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks for checking it out guys. i'm going to be out of town for a little while, but when i come back i will be putting up more tunes on the web page.

14. Nice. It sounds very well put together, and mixed great as well (I can hear all the instruments).

What irks me is when I put up that I've finished two new songs, and I get about 5 people that respond and then the thread goes down but you get about 11 people to listen to it right off the bat. :rolleyes:

15. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    see what buying a whole bunch of 7 string basses gets ya? ;) :rolleyes: i mean, you didn't think that i got them to actually _play_ them, did you? yikes! that would be tough.

16. That's 'cause he's got the marketing strategy part down pat. He anounces he's going to post a second mp3 (as long as a year ago), and then.....NADA!...leaves everyone hanging. So, now, he posts this new one and it's like the second coming of the lord.

17. Pretty cool man. I think the mix is just about right! Good clear tone on everyone.

Big thumber upper.[​IMG]

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    thanks tufnuts

and x, it is the second coming, the second coming of lord only! :rolleyes: :D

19. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Good stuff JT. For some reason, your tone on the track reminds me of Les' tone on the cover of NIB.

But damn, your basslines are really cool. You write the kind of riffs I like to write. Except now that I've got a band going, I tend to "stay in the pocket" and keep the heavy rhythm going more often than doodling (which I used to overdo when I started playing oh so long ago ;)).

Good stuff though. Keep it coming.

20. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    the song is tasty, Great bassline JT. Good lyrics. I noticed in one of the voice parts, there was some out of tunness... but It kinda sounded cool that way.. really good recording.. I can dig it