Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a new toy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lonzo, Dec 29, 2000.

1. lonzo

lonzo

Dec 29, 2000
    i have a morley pro phaser pedal, i know its an old one but would like to know if its "vintage", can any one help ?

2. furtim

furtim

Dec 12, 1999
    Boston, MA, USA
    "Vintage" is just a phrase invented by unscrupulous salesmen to let them jack up the price on crap.

3. Ain't that the truth? I just saw a place trying to sell an old ADA flanger for over $300! Talk about a piece of crap, so noisy you can barely make out what the original signal is. But hey, "it's vintage".

4. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    I hate to walk in guitar center or a guitar shop to see the "vintage" pedals. Since when did over used pedals of the 80's start costing over $120 when you can get a brand new perfect one for $60. I don't get it.

To answer your question, people will spend more money for pedals that are over 10 years old (doesn't make much sense).

5. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I guess the question is, why do you want to know? Are you trying to sell it, or are you trying to find info on it, or do you want bragging rights because you own a piece of "vintage" gear, or -- what?

In the collectible cars biz, "classic" means 15 years old and "antique" means 30 years old. In guitar gear, I am not aware of any such formalized meaning for "vintage". Does anyone else know?

6. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000

7. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    A lot (not all) of those older pedals sound way better than digital effects. True anolog is warmer sounding, and there is no anolog>digital conversion. The thing is, you can always buy a reissue. Compare a new boss chorus to an ehx
    polychorus and you will see a huge difference difference.

8. Scok

Scok

Apr 20, 2000
    Wow, I've stayed away for quite sometime, just came to visit. It's nice to see people are still bombarding guys with thier own views when they just wants the answer to a simple question.