Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A new twist to Reality TV!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by McHack, Sep 14, 2004.

1. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I don't know how many of you are Reality TV junkies. My wife & I tend to watch our fair share, simply because we really enjoy watching people act stupid in ficticious situations. Virtually EVERYONE has thier own brand, even ESPN.

This brings me to my point. ESPN has its own Reality TV show, called Dream Job, where people compete against one another for a positioni as "The Next ESPN SportsAnchor". Why do I mention this,,, now? A friend of mine who I lost track of a few years back, suddenly pops up, OUT OF NOWHERE, as one of the contestants!!!

So, if you happen to watch ESPN's Dream Job, you GOTTA root for Winston Bell.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I got no cable. I watch Last Comic Standing. If you're friends with any of those people I'll root for them. :p

brad cook

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Someone I know had an ex-boyfriend pop up on a show, and I mentioned that as reality TV becomes more and more popular, and there are more and more shows, eventually, we'll all know somebody who was on one. Hell, my sister was on one about 5 and a half years ago.

4. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.
    My daughter is up in NY right now on her 5000.00 shopping spree as part of the Reality Show What Not To Wear which airs on The Learning Channel (TLC). I was a part of the filming for the suprise party they staged, and will be there for the filming of her coming out party this Friday. The "Jennifer" episode will air in October.

5. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Awesome!! I love Teresa Strasser.

6. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I hope you warned her that she needs to try hard to go along w/ what Teresa wants to accomplish... If she fights back, we'll have to pick on her/you! *evil grin*

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    To me, watching Reality TV is like telling your alcoholic friend he's hilarious when he's drunk.

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I prefer fake TV.

9. LoJoe

LoJoe

Sep 5, 2002
    Concord, NC USA.

Wrong show guys! Strasser does "While You Were Out". What Not to Wear is hosted by "Stacey and Clinton".

10. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Oh yeah!!! I still love Teresa Strasser. Stacy reminds me so much of Teresa. Something about the look of those two, physically fit, mean yet soft & comforting italian-esque facial profile, successful & smart 30-somethings.... Oh man they drive me nuts. I sent an email to Strasser earlier this year telling her how much I appreciate her, and she replied!! Trip out, her email address was papahemm, having something to do with papa m, Paz Lenchantin's project!!! How cool is that, she even knows what's up with good music. Anyhoo, good luck to your daughter.

11. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Who ever the female host, were talking about the wardrobe make over show,, right?

12. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Yes, with sassboy Clinton. He's so dreamy. Noooo, he's SUPER!!!

13. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    You got it man. Can I send in a vote or something?? I seen a couple episodes a while ago with that curly haired goatee dude, he was awesome.

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    BTW, that friend of mine who's on ESPN's Dream Job is STILL on there, & doing pretty well! BUT, why the F did ESPN change its air time to midnight?

15. Has anyone seen this other new ESPN "reality show", called "I'd Do Anything"? I was stuck at an auto dealership yesterday, bored out of my skull waiting for paperwork, and they had ESPN on the big TV. The premise is, people do crazy sports-related things to win fantasy-type prizes for friends or relatives, like tickets to the Super Bowl or whatever. The part I saw, these people were in a ring with an angry bull and a basketball hoop. The bull had two basketballs attached to his back, and the contestants (well-padded and wearing helmets) had to grab the basketballs and make baskets in the least amount of time. A couple of these people got destroyed by the bull, rammed into walls and what not. One guy was spitting up blood. Unbelievable.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah... see, that's why I don't have a TV.