Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A new (used) Rickenbacker on the way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlacktotheBlind, Sep 30, 2005.

1. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    On monday i'll be sending a deposit to Mike Parks (The Rickenbacker Page ) for a '87 4003 Tuxedo! I hope to have my hands on it by November, I can't wait!

Pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

should look nice next to my '79 4001
    [​IMG]

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Enjoy !

TD

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Congrats! I usually hate black trim Rics but have always loved the Tuxedos, I wonder if they made any lefties?

4. Awsome. You have nothing to worry about Mike either. He is an awsome guy...i do all my Ric dealings with him. :bassist:

5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    It's hard to resist the call of a Rick, isn't it ?

You will love your Tuxedo a lot and find it probably different than your 1979 4001 as well. Great match !

I agree with B'aces, Mike Parks is really good to deal with !

Have fun !

6. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Mike Parks is great to deal with and the Tuxedo's are great.......it's not like you'll see many more of them.

7. BlacktotheBlind

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I've heard many good reviews of Mike Parks so I kind of figured that he must be a great business man and so far he has been! He seems like a very nice guy.

Yeah I can't wait to hear/feel the differences. I haven't had the pleasure to play a 4003 yet, it's a little more difficult to find one in person now that RIC yanked their entire line out of Guitar Center :meh:

8. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Supporting Member

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    Nice Tux!

I haven't seen a Rick in GC for years anyway. Of course your GC is better than mine since they actually stock other than Mexican Fenders.

There aren't any Rick dealers in Utah anymore. The last store I actually played a 4003 in was the Sam Ash on Maryland Parkway. And then you also have the guy who shall remain nameless.

9. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Nice!

I got my Monty Brown 4003 from Mike & it was flawless. He's the best.

Enjoy!

10. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    If only Mike could have a "clone" and a store in Canada !!!!
    :bassist:

11. Beautiful instrument, Ric's never disappoint.

12. Looks the nuts.

Anyone else on here think those old style headstocks look better than the current, bigger ones?

13. BlacktotheBlind

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I'll have to check the Sam Ash out again and see if I can spot one, last time I was in there they mostly just had a bunch of Rockbasses.