Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A nice 5-string at a nice price....

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Matt Call, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I have a yamaha BBG5S bass for sale. I bought this on Friday from the local music store, and have found a bass that is more my style (my old MIA Dlx. Jazz V). So while this is a great bass, I just don't see myself giving it the long-term attention that it deserves. So let me tell you a bit about it:

It is a Yamaha BBG5S in sunburst. I don't know the actual term for the color, but it's a lot like a 3-tone fender sunburst, but with a more red tint instead of brown. It ends in black though. It has active electronics, an alder body, gold hardware, a wide neck, 24 frets. It's an awesome bass. and it's in great condition except for 3 things: the hardware is starting to oxidize a little bit, there is a 1mm "ding" above the bridge, and there is a small scratch in the clear-coat (maybe an inch long, invisible unless in the right light). Other than that the bass is in great shape. I'm going to sell this for $275 shipped. I don't have a case for it, but will pack accordingly. This is a phenominal bass for the price. If you're considering going to a 5-string, or if you just want to check one out, this is for you. Anyway, PM or Email me.

I like paypal and money orders.

-Matt

P.S. I have soundclips of the bass too. I can email them.

Also: I'll go and buy a gig bag to ship it in, if you pay for it. Say, $15 extra for that option. So $290 shipped in a new gig bag.

2. Korey

Korey

Oct 29, 2003
    Lexington, KY
    man, you're selling everything aren't you? I'm interested in this 5 string, and possibly your neck if it doesnt go. Can you get me some pics of your bass, or help me locate pics of others like it on the web?

3. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Some pics, this is not my actual bass; just one exactly like it. I don't have a digital camera, so this is the best I can do for now.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    3 basses in a tub (that's almost scary)

5. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Is this a neck thru or a bolt on?

6. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Still got the Yammie?

dcr

8. Matt Call

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Bump.

I can get pics easily now, since I got hooked up with a sweet digital camera for christmas. One of the control knobs seems to have been misplaced ( :confused: ). PM or email me if you want pics. I'll be able to get them to you Friday/Saturday. I'm in San Diego for the week soaking up the....?rain? Anyway, I need to sell this and I can go a little lower on the price due to the lack of the control knob. I may be able to find it but in any case, it shouldn't be missing.