a nice amp and cab for under 1500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slick519, Jan 16, 2002.

1. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    im kinda new to amps right now, and i need a little advice.

im looking for something that is pretty versitile (can play really loud and has lots of features) and i need it to be somewhere around 800w (or up for the cab) Im not quite sure what questions to ask about the amp itself, but i would like it too be kind of nice (not crappy) but i also need the amp and cab too be under about 1500.

sorry for the crappy questions, but i cant quite think of anything!

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Eden WT-400 and Eden D-410XLT. Can I get an amen, bretheren and cistern?
  3. EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I don't think he has too many options if he wants 800W.

No Eden for him.
  4. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Carvin has I believe a few rig setups available and they are pretty damn nice. Their most expensive rig is $1300.

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    id second the reccomendation for carvin amps... but i would say PLEASE stay away from their cabs. you can do much better! ive got an R600 series 2 head and i love it... very versatile, powerful. but the rc210 combo cab it came with doenst nearly do it justice. Ive hooked the thing to an eden D410xlt in a shop... and it was orgasmic.

specifically the carvin cabs do not have much low end response at all. even their 15's and 18s. also rather inefficient. they would work fine if youre never going to play a 5 string.
  6. captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001

alternate: aguilar gs410 and eden wt-400.
  7. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Carvin R1000 (spend the extra $80 over the R6000) and a good cranking 4-10 with real low end oomph. I'd suggest the Eden D410XLT, just because I'm pretty familiar with it, but no doubt Aguilar, Epifani, and the like would be excellent too. (I'm not personally a big fan of G-K or Hartke.)

I love the Acme stuff, but as is well known, it's not very efficient and so probably won't play at a level you'd consider "really loud" with this amount of power.
  8. Used Mesa Bass 400+ and used Road-Ready 2x15 cabinet. That rig will do anything you want it to, and will compete with two fully dimed Marshall stacks.
  9. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Used Eden WT800 and Eden D410XLT. Make sure the cab is 8 ohms. You'll get 800 watts in mono-bridge mode. And great tone.