Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

a nice little present for myself!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crazy_Fingers27, Aug 8, 2004.

which bass?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2004.
  1. Dingwall Afterburner 6I (indigoburst)

52 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. Conklin Groove Tools 7 (natural)

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. howdy all.

i have done threads such as this before, but now i am in a position to buy, and will be going in a week or so to be putting my new bass on order, and i am not sure what i want. its down to two contestants....

1.) Dingwall Afterburner 6I

or

2.) Conklin GT7

i play everything from tapping, to shredding, to slapping and thumping. i need versatility. i just want to know which one you guys feel would better suit me, and why.

2. havent tried a dingwall but i have a gt7 and they're amazing.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I'd go for the Dingwall.

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I choosed the afterburner cos i really like that fanned fret sis (it would be hard to tap on it the first days), ive seen a video of talkbass bassist and there was this 20 year old guy who played it so nicely, and the bass sounded good too.

5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Dingwall, without question. GT's are nice, but Dingwalls are great.

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I have a gt-7, like it a lot, except for the comfort issue, it neck dives and starts to bite your shoulder after standing for a while, would also advise you to actually play the one you'd be buying, I've read stories about GTs coming with fretbuzz issues, which could mean a few extra $$ in setup afterwards.

7. I'll ditto the dingwall suggestion.
    These are great basses. They play incredibly well, the tone is amazing and Sheldon Dingwall customer service can't be beat. You can't go wrong w/ either choice, I went w/ the Dingwall
    frank

8. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I've never played a Dingwall but from the videos and sound clips of them I've heard, thats what I would go with.