A Nice Pair

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spufman, May 1, 2017.

1. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I’m really loving this minimalist pair, it does about all I will need live and is so compact.

I picked up the Xero a couple months ago and I think it’s an absolutely amazing filter. Super easy to dial in a variety of killer resonant bwaps and I love playing with the edge of self-oscillation. Having the envelope/lowpass switch is phenomenal, bringing me from bubbles to dubbles on the fly. The independent volume controls are key, letting me get just the right drive out of it. The colors cut straight through the mix. Fabulously fun pedal, simply put.

I just got the Mini, not even two weeks ago. Huge fan of the TAFM and the Mini has long been on my list. I really lucked out and found that Brian had one top-jack stamped finish unit ready to go. So far I’m very much digging it. The passive eq works great and the bias control lets me get just the right level of throatiness. I’m still experimenting with it and haven’t used it yet in a loud band situation, but I’m confident that it has the cutting power that I so love in the TAFM. Very responsive to playing dynamics. SS/BS knows musical drive (and service, too).

So this pair lets me get six great and distinct tonal combinations without having to touch a knob. And stylish, too! Consider me well pleased.

2. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    You should add a Hotone BassPress to that. It's expression function for the XD is such an awesome addition - especially since you have the two button version.

Blu bro likes this.
  3. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Thanks, that one does look nice. I tried my EB Viper Jr with a TRS splitter and that was very cool. I've since been thinking about getting a dedicated EP.

4. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Funny but I thought the Xero was anything but "super easy" to dial in. Mine made nothing resembling cool sounds. I am in the minority though. People rave about it, but it just didn't jive with me.

5. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Huh, that is funny. I gather usability tweaks were made for v2, maybe that's the difference. Now my 00Funk and Prometheus can be tricky, but the Xero is much harder to mess up.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 20, 2022