1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A nice time at guitar center :)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ldiezman, Mar 10, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    So friday i went to guitar center in Atlanta... both of them.. I went to the really big one first.. I walked in saw a large number of basses.. lots of fenders, yamaha, one or two Conklin GT bass.. yes the mighty 7 string.. it was going for get this, $600... i almost bought it.. but i realized i have no use for a 7 string.. I walked around looking at the basses.. I found a lakland. it was going for around $2000.. I plug it in and was amazed.. I almost cried... After messing with that bass for a few minutes, a worker came up to me and asked if i needed anything.. i said no.. then he said let me show you where all the really nice basses are... i was like "laklands aren't considered really nice??" he opens up this room and i almost wet myself when I saw all the beautiful bass on the wall. of course I saw the Musicman basses and the warwicks.. But I first saw that they had a 1951 P-bass!!! Then i did wet myself.. I had to play it.. plugged it in.. for being 50 years old that sucker played nicely.. and i would have bought it if only I had $5000.. well. I then picked up a Kensmith bass. and I was pleasantly surprised. what a nice bass.....

Then my friend walks in and starts talking to me and after a minute he says "hey Jim, isn't that a fodera over there, it has a butterfly on the headstock".. i turned around and the sales guy was playing a fodera emporer 5-string.. i cried.. then i played it.. that thing has so many gadgets on it.. man. it sound good though...

They had so many good deals though. gosh i wish i had the money. Pedullas going for $1200. It was a wonderfull day... that place had such nice gear.... I wish I lived closer to atlanta.. :( poor poor me

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    The last time i went to guitar center they had a couple pedullas, a few laklands and warwicks, a '65 rickenbacker, about 6 musicmen, miles of fenders, ibanez's, yammers, and that was it. No foderas or Ken Smiths.