Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A nice time at guitar center :)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ldiezman, Mar 10, 2002.

1. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    So friday i went to guitar center in Atlanta... both of them.. I went to the really big one first.. I walked in saw a large number of basses.. lots of fenders, yamaha, one or two Conklin GT bass.. yes the mighty 7 string.. it was going for get this, $600... i almost bought it.. but i realized i have no use for a 7 string.. I walked around looking at the basses.. I found a lakland. it was going for around $2000.. I plug it in and was amazed.. I almost cried... After messing with that bass for a few minutes, a worker came up to me and asked if i needed anything.. i said no.. then he said let me show you where all the really nice basses are... i was like "laklands aren't considered really nice??" he opens up this room and i almost wet myself when I saw all the beautiful bass on the wall. of course I saw the Musicman basses and the warwicks.. But I first saw that they had a 1951 P-bass!!! Then i did wet myself.. I had to play it.. plugged it in.. for being 50 years old that sucker played nicely.. and i would have bought it if only I had $5000.. well. I then picked up a Kensmith bass. and I was pleasantly surprised. what a nice bass.....

Then my friend walks in and starts talking to me and after a minute he says "hey Jim, isn't that a fodera over there, it has a butterfly on the headstock".. i turned around and the sales guy was playing a fodera emporer 5-string.. i cried.. then i played it.. that thing has so many gadgets on it.. man. it sound good though...

They had so many good deals though. gosh i wish i had the money. Pedullas going for $1200. It was a wonderfull day... that place had such nice gear.... I wish I lived closer to atlanta.. :( poor poor me

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    The last time i went to guitar center they had a couple pedullas, a few laklands and warwicks, a '65 rickenbacker, about 6 musicmen, miles of fenders, ibanez's, yammers, and that was it. No foderas or Ken Smiths.