Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A night in Tunisia

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by skidog, Dec 6, 2002.

1. anyone got a tab for this? Also who wrote it?

2. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Diz wrote it of course.

I might be able to help you if you don't mind sheet music. Are you looking for the main line in the latin section or one of the swing sections?

Or are you looking for the bass line in the orchestral version?

EDIT: too many smilies :p

3. Thanx for the prompt reply.
    Actually any would be helpful. I have most of it down, but I'm having trouble with changes the second time it goes into the change after the Eb progression. It's not the same as the change after the Db progression except down the neck two frets is it?
    I'm not real musically savy, hence the need for tabs. MOstly I figure it out by following the chord charts.
    Later; skidog.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    what key have you figured it out in? What version, too (the album might be helpful :) )? I can't remember a section in Db, nor a Db chord.

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    #
    sorry to hi-jack the thread, but could i get a copy of that notation by any chance please? ;)

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i don't have the notation, i just know it like the back of my arse. I could try to write out certain parts and some changes...

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Geez I just read this thread and realised I've forgotten the chords to Night In Tunisia. Goodness gracious! IIRC, the latin bit is Eb13 Dm6 isn't it? Then when it goes swing ya got Am7b5 D7 Gm7...? And then I've forgotten the rest. And I certainly can't remember the chords to the middle.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well there is the famous bass figure over Eb7 and DMin, then it goes :

Eb7/Dmin / X 3 followed by

EMin7b5 A7b5/ Dmin

All above repeated, then

AMin7b5/D7b9/GMin/Gmin7 C7/GMin7b5/C7b9/F6/Emin7b5 A7b5

I think there is also an interlude?

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah, that's the one. There is an interlude, I really can't remember the chords. In the horn line it's the same horn pattern repeated, with a different chord underneath each time, IIRC. Then it goes into solos, with swing backing over the Eb13 Dm6 etc. etc. At least in the version I used to play, it did.

10. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Is this how the interlude goes?:

Emi(b5) / Emi(b5) / Eb13 / Eb13 / Dmi / Dmi / G13 / G13 / Gmi9 / C11 / Gmi9 / c13 / Fma9 / Fma9 / Emi b5 / A7