1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Nightmare on Elm Street Remake

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MN_Bass, Oct 5, 2009.

1. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
  2. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    NONONONONO!

STOP RAPING MY CHILDHOOD!

NOBODY PLAYS FREDDY BUT ENGLUND!

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I saw this trailer the other day (before Zombieland) and can honestly say there was not one scene that made me want to see the movie. And to be honest, i am sickenned that they are even making a remake of such an awesome (first) movie. Even MORESO because this movie was helmed by Michael Bay. Even doubly moreso peeved that they got Rorshack to portray Freddy.

I'll watch the original, truly creepy yet (God forbid 20+ year old) original and sit this one out. I'm sure this one will be edited like a music video and have lots of explosions...and not one iota of actual dread filled mood.

4. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    OH GAWD, MICHAEL BAY?

Shoot me now please. :(

5. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Robert Englund/Wes Craven - My combined heroes.

I am so, so, so disappointed that they would take THE definitive movie of my life experience and destroy it.

If Englund isn't gonna play Freddy, the only person who should is... me. I've studied the character for so long, even come up with plans to escape him just in case it wasn't really a movie....

This makes me so sad. :(

But... at least it isn't Rob Zombie.

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    yeh, Rob Zombie definitely has faults as a director, but by Devils' Rejects, he could definitely paint a harried gruesome tone. Too bad that didn't carry over to the Halloween remakes. Saw the first one. horrible. the second? didn't bother.

But he couldn't possibly f this one up worse than folding robot boy. Granted, Bay isn't DIRECTING it, but he is producing it...and his "movie by committee" style productions never impress me on any level.

BOOM!

7. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I barely got a glimpse of the new freddy (lower case name, from now on), but it didn't look right - nor did his voice sound right.

8. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    looks like crap.

9. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    True, they shouldn't do remakes, MB isn't the guy for the job either. Haley is still a pretty good actor to play Freddy though, compared to Thorton. I think Rob Zombie would have been a better director, he actually appreciates the genre. It will probably suck, lets not bring up the Friday the 13th remake, I actually wanted to punch someone after watching it...Well there are plans to ruin Hellraiser and Child's Play.......why no love for pumpkinhead :)

10. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Child's Play was already campy crap, they couldn't possibly ruin it. Same with Leprechaun. Hellraiser they could potentially do stuff with, though I think they'd be better suited just continuing the story rather than rebooting it.

And if Rob Zombie had anything to do with Nightmare, I would personally go and beat him to death in rage and anguish. The fact that Michael Bay is involved already has me strapping up my rage and anguish boots.

Got them at Men's Warehouse during a Fall Sale.

11. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I bet they were a great buy and you're gonna like the way they look. They guarantee it. :smug:

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I said the same thing with Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, and Halloween. Unfortunately, these knuckleheads make millions off this stuff. It's a lazy formula at best.

13. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    and of course like all the reboots..they over explain the character, so now he/it is not scary anymore. And like all the other reboots they try to redo scenes but make them more appropriate for todays youth.

I sound old, but dag gommit..we had REAL horror movies when I was a kid! everything started to go crap just after Henry : portrait of a serial killer

14. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    fixed

also, I dont get the Rob Zombie hate. People have been clamoring for original horror films for YEARS since the 80s and he was the first to truely deliver, I thought, with House of 1000 Corpses and Devils Rejects. Those were two great horror movies that were original and caused the viewer to have very conflicted feelings about the characters in the film. **** the haters hahaha

I liked his first Halloween too, havent seen the second yet

Furthermore, all these recent remakes that people are bitching and moaning about is absurd considering the unGODLY amounts of crappy sequals and remakes all the 80s horror films have recieved over the years. These **** movies are nothing new, just an evolution of what once was. Tis the nature of the beast.

15. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    My sentiments exactly. Really, Hollywood? Are you that desperate for an original script that you have to keep resurrecting (pardon the pun) old movies? Give me a break.

16. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    first zombie halloween was okay, but I felt it took the mystery of Michael away, and that takes the scariness away

17. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    I though it made him scarrier

Watching a demented little boy grow up, shunned and abused by his family and society, turn into a black empty void of no emotion and no soul, intent on destroying all in his path for no other reason than to be pure freaking evil. Making him more human, made him more scarry I think because you are able to see his transformation. I think Zombie does and excellent job of making you actually care for the monsters/bad guys. VERY cool technique of you ask me.

18. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    If this is what it will take to get the newer generation excited about old classics then some good may come out of it. I'll watch it.

Someone is also remaking Short Circuit. That will be interesting.

--

Holy War, your description of Halloween makes me really want to watch it. I enjoyed House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects (thought Brian Posehn shouldn't have been killed so early). Halloween definitely looked good but I forgot all about. I'll have to dig it out and watch it this weekend.

19. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    Its like Devils Rejects but Halloween haha.Zombie shows the progression of a dementedlittle boy into the monster we know as Michael Myers. The terrifying part of it seeing a little boy full of life transform into a souless and heartless monster, and on top of that, Zombie is able to create an atmosphere that makes you want to root for Mike. Some people like it, some dont, youll just have to watch it and see for yourself. It is a brutal film though, so get ready for language and violence akin to Rob Zombie

20. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    MICHAEL BAY...SPLOSIONS!!!

MA BA SPLOOM!!!