A Norwegian folk song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Norwegianwood, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Or something like that....
    Just a melody that came to my mind, I think it is a Norwegian folk song. I'm not sure though.
    Nothing fancy, but a beautiful melody, I think. (Oh, for gods sake my bass just fell from the desk and on the floor!!!Ouchhhhh)
    You have to gain your speakers. Sorry about that:
  2. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    That sounded really nice. Looking forward to hearing more.
  3. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    That's nice!

For some reason I was execting to recognize the song, but didn't... What song is it?

And, you probably know a bit about music history, hm?
    How about "Eg veit i himmelrik ei borg" - is that folk music? Norwegian? Scandinavian? I did a crude version of it:
  4. Nice playing there! Yes, I think "Eg veit i himmelrik ei borg" is a norwegian folksong...You'r the guy selling that lovely fretless on gitarnorge.com, right?

When it comes to my song, I'm not sure what it is. It's just a melody I had on my mind, and I thought it was a folksong....I'm not sure though.

I'd like to hear what some other people think of it. Also, what do you think of my bass - sound?
  5. Bump.
    Sorry about that.
    This will be my last bump ever.
    I promise.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  7. That's pretty neat. As far as your tone I think it'd sound better without the delay and some nice vibrato. For something like that, and in that range, I'd use legit style vibrato and not guitar style. Very vocal playing :cool:
  8. Thanks for the feedback.
    When it comes to the effects I use, it's actually a preset from native instruments "guitar rig".
    Quite cool program.
  9. Johnnythekid

Johnnythekid Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I like it with the delay, I think it would sound totally different without it. Dig the song man, it's beautiful indeed.