1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A note on customer service: 3Leaf Audio content

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cosmicevan, Oct 5, 2009.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    We've all seen the praise for TB's homegrown effects Guru, Spencer, but a recent experience I had with Spencer really showed how great of a guy he really is.

After getting a first hand sample of 3Leaf Audio's Groove Regulator at the 2009 International TB GTG (thanks Chronicle!!!), I knew that this pedal had it all...great sound, small package, rugged design...so I decided to put my faithful modded EP-1 on the classifieds (still there) and picked up a groove regulator.

Loved it from day 1, but when I took it out to a jam at a buddies place, when I got home, I found a switch to be loose. I emailed Spencer immediately. I'm pretty careful with my gear and although the pedal wasn't on a pedal board or in a box, it was safe in my gigbag with some other pedals and was carefully transported to my car and then home. Spencer said, that it didn't matter what the cause, he'd set me right. I had only had the pedal for maybe 2 weeks and was bummed that it wasn't as rugged as I thought. I sent it back to Spencer and he had it fixed and on it's way back to me as soon as he got it. The entire process was maybe a week before I had it back in my possession. Not only that, but Spencer also sent me a paypal payment to cover my shipping costs without being asked to do so. This floored me.

Stand up guy, making even better effects. Can't wait to get ahold of his next pedal. If you are looking for the best envelope you can find at the nicest price...and also want to help out the little guy (who happens to be a regular on this message board), you really can't go wrong with the Groove Regulator. He stands behind his work...and his work speaks for itself. Highly recommend this pedal...even without the amazing support.

Just wanted to give props where they are over due. It's no wonder these are always out of stock and last about a minute when sold in the classifieds. Do yourself a favor and nab one of these while you can!!!

Rock on Spencer, and keep on keepin on...you are making an amazing pedal and your support is even better. Paint me double impressed.

2. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Thanks! I was up in your neck of the woods visiting New York Bass Works today....I totally would have done the fix up here if I had realized how close you were.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Ive had one for, I think, almost 2 years. No issues and it is really a great effect. Dont hesitate, people

Rob

4. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i always got that vibe from him..

i'm hoping he starts making more pedals, ive always wanted to check out his stuff, but have no use for a 3rd envelope filter.

5. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    I took a good long listen to the clips of the Groove Regulator and Q-Tron family, and I think the Regulator sounds great. Only one question: does it hit volume peaks as hard as the Q-Tron?

6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    No. It doesn't have volume spikes nearly as big as the original Meatball could crank out let alone the Q-Tron. But there aren't too many pedals that have volume spikes like the EHX. The DOD FX25 is one and the Funk-A-Duck I had long ago could shred speakers, but the Q-Tron is pretty high up on the list of "wet but peaky" filters.

7. NortyFiner

NortyFiner Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Portsmouth VA USA
    Cool. Sounds like I need to start saving my change for the Regulator then...

8. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    yeah, the regulator has a little bit of everything i look for in an envelope filter. the most important thing these days to me is the compact size/design. after adding a voodoo lab PP 2 to my arsenal, the 3Leaf has never sounded better. i keep a compressor after the Groove Regulator in my chain, but even without the compressor, the spikes aren't nearly as bad as most envelopes...but you should compress after an effect like that anyway (IMHO).

9. kugelspot

kugelspot

Jun 8, 2009
    Ya, I love it when companies actually treat you like, you know, an actual person instead of just another customer. Spector and DR do this as well. I once emailed DR to say that I bought a set of strings from them, but when I put the E on the bass it snapped when I tried to tune it and said I was pretty sure it was a defect, and attached a picture of the broken string. They sent me replacement string free, no questions asked. Not to mention all the smaller companies like 3Leaf, Subdecay, and Catalinbread who are active on forums, interacting with their customers.

But this really takes the cake. It is literally the best customer service I've seen in any industry, ever, not to mention how amazing his pedals are. Keep it up man :bassist:

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Glad I started your G.A.S with a good product :D

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    When I grow up, I want to be Spencer.

12. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I freakin adore my Groove Regulator. It was pretty much everything I wanted in a filter: Small, 9v power, simple controls, unity gain, no ugly spikes, wet and drippy and no low end loss.

This pedal is a "10" !!!

13. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Jared, ain't that the truth with the FX25. The first time I plugged that cabinet destroyer I got an uneasy sick feeling in my stomach as it did the dive down. :eek: Never once has the G.Regulator done that to me.

14. cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    you'd be proud, i've revamped the effects rig for my needs and am using them again. just picked up a power supply, now all i need is a pedaltrain pt2 or pt1 and i'm set to go!

current signal chain is:
    Bass >
    (3Leaf Audio) Groove Regulator >
    (EBS) multi-comp >
    (EBS) wah one >
    (Ampeg) sub-oct >
    ernie ball vol >
    electrix repeater >
    pre amp (uaually an avalon u5 these days) >
    stewart 1.2 >
    Demeter BSC-310

sounds KILLER. since adding a voodoo labs pp2, i really feel like i'm getting the most out of each. working with batteries really sucks the life out of most pedals (IMO).

15. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Let me know if you want the PT1. I sell them at my store. Send me a PM ;)

I personally have one, and it fits around 8-10 pedals.