1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A.P. tests

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kibuddy, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    The A.P. tests are comming up in about 3 weeks. Anyone taking any of them?

I'm taking the Modern European History test. I actually took a practice test today. Had that been the real test, I would have gotten a 4 (out of 5). :)

Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze out a 5 on test day.

2. My sis has 4 or 5 of them coming up. That'll be me in a couple of years:meh:

3. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

I hear that. I'm taking two of them next year, and then I plan on taking 4 or 5 senior year.

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    AP world cultures. egads.

5. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

AP Physics C
    AP Chemistry
    AP English Literature and Composition

It should be fun. I took 4 AP classes and exams last year, so they don't scare me anymore.

6. Koushaku

Koushaku The artist never sleeps, only dreams

Mar 10, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I did AP English back in the day (I'm finishing my second year of college now), easy 5 for me, though all my "smart" friends got 4's :p I'm a smartypants too.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i took 3 AP exams when i was in high school: chemistry, calculus, and english

got 4's on them (funny story on how i had a marching band trip to florida the week before and couldn't really study--they really do curve those things :hyper: )

hey, it helped me skip my freshman year of college :D

-jimbo

8. Ive got AP Calculus, Physics and Environmental tests this year. Had AP Biology last year.

9. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    when i was in high school (im a senior in college now) i took Physics B, Physics C, Spanish, and Calculus

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Thanks for bringing it up just in time for spring break... :bawl:

11. How are you just having spring break? We had spring break like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

12. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    He's in high school, or he goes to a college with a wacky schedule like Hofstra.

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

that's strange--everyone i know either got a 5 or a 2 on ap calculus!

i *almost* got all 5's on all of my ap tests. friggin' english lit. :mad:

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I took the Exam for AP European History, AP US History, and AP Economics.

I scored a 3 on the APEH exam, 4 on the APUSH exam, and... a.... um... 1 on the APE exam. If you make a 3 or higher on the exam, you receive college credit for that course, therefore I received 12 hours of college credit from taking AP classes in high school. Not bad, but now I'm wasting that credit by not being in college.

15. Back when I took them, I got all threes and fives. American Gov't, Physics, Am. History, Lit, something else.

16. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    American Gov
    English Lit
    English Lang
    World History
    European History

I got all 4s. I really shouldn't have paid to taken the exam, because the University of Chicago only accepts them as elective credit.

I think I'm against the AP system in general. It makes a teacher teach students how to take the exam, when they should be learning how to read, think, and analyze.

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    there is a degree of "teaching to the test," but in order to succeed on an AP exam, you have to be able to read, think, and analyze.

it's one of those rare cases where standardized tests actually work. :eek:

18. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I guess I could have signed up for some AP exams, but I dont see the purpose. Im going to school to learn, and I dont think anyone is going to argue that you learn more (or the same amount) in an AP class than you would learn in a college class. Besides... I dont need to worry about the pressure and stress of AP's. Theyre sooooo competitive, and I really dont need that.

19. lbpark

lbpark

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    AP Biology, AP World Lit, and another AP english. All 3's. My nerves couldn't handle much more than that.

20. Back in high school it was AP chem and AP physics. My big project for AP physics was doing some acurate timing of a pendulum made from climbing rope and a bowling ball.

It went well, until the knot came undone. Then there was a very large hole in the wall that the teacher had to explain to administration.:D

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN HERE?!?!"

"Uh, picking up the spare?"

Rock on
    Eric