A pair 'O Peaveys

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by capnjim, Mar 21, 2011.

1. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Please e-mail for pictures, for some reason TB refuses to let me load pictures. Says my dimensions are too big even though I resize them down to 100k..anybody know how to fix this?
    Anyways, bass number one:
    1990's Peavey Foundation S active. P/J format with the P pickup not working.
    The bass could almost be considered NOS its so clean. Silver with black headstock, original case, hangtag, and Peavey strap. 2 piece neck that's nicely figured.
    This seems like its kind of rare, so I am going to ask 250$ plus shipping from Canada.
    Bass 2
    Peavey Forum. This is also a rare Forum due to it having the P/J format. Bass is super clean although the screws are a bit rusty. Sounds and plays killer! Super thin neck!
    I don't even want to sell it but if I get 200$ plus shipping I would let it go. Comes in a really nice Fender type HSC and a Peavey strap.
    ask by e-mail for pics
    [email protected]

Maybe someone can help me post pictures?
    Hers the text I get when I try to upload pictures..some of them are only 100k
    The Dimension limits for this filetype are 640 x 640. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1536 x 2048.
    Thanks

2. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Jim, send me the pics and I will post them.

3. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks..Aspidites (cool name BTW)
    both of these basses are so clean, no dings or scratches at all.
    The forum is approx 8lbs
    The Foundation is around 9. (very old bathroom scale)

4. Aspidites

Aspidites

Oct 20, 2009
    Berkeley CA
    Forum%20with%20strap.jpg

forum%20back.jpg

forum%20body.jpg

Peavey%20in%20case%20complete.jpg

Peavey%20tag.jpg

Peavey%20body.jpg

Peavey%20back.jpg

peavey%20in%20case.jpg

Peavey%20case.jpg

5. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Wow, thanks man. I wish I could figure out how to do that!!
    You get a definite discount if you can teach me how to post pics like that!!

6. The foundation S is one of the cleanest I've seen in a LONG time... I couldn't see from the pix if they're the original "shallerish" pickups or have been swapped...

By the looks of them... they "may" have a peavey logo on the lower right hand side.. these pickups were used on the RJ-IV.. they're kind of "EMGish"... pickups themselves rarely fail.. it's the dork with the soldering iron that normally dorks them (please don't be offended if you own the soldering iron).

NOTE on both.. standard size Fender pickups will fit in the holes..

7. Your forum is a rare release... they didn't make many... it's basically a Fury with a JPickup.. the answer to the Pbass special.

8. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    The Foundation pickups do say Peavey on them. It does not look like any of the solder joints have been touched. I should also mention, that the non-working pickup has weak output from one half (The D-G half).

9. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    If I sell the Foundation, I will probably end up keeping the Forum. Its hard top take a good picture of the black, but it almost as clean as the forum, just the screws are rusty.
    Its a really great player and sounds fantastic, plus its really light.

10. The forum isn't one to shy away from.. about 10 of the 200 that have passed through here have the same corrosion...

Easy and cheap to fix with mail order parts.

11. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Thanks..I'm actually kind of reluctant to sell them now. I found something I had to have, but couldn't get enough cash selling a ton of stuff locally. So I don't really need the cash.
    I'll bump them, but I'm not gonna lower the prices.
    Great basses for the money
    What I will do is change the rusty pickup screws on the Forum as I ordered a pack.

12. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Bump for trade's. I am re-building a 70's jazz bass and have a neck and tuners, would love a body and PUP's. Anyone got original parts lying around? I would add cash for original 70's jazz parts.

13. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Bump for lower price. Foundation 225$ and I will pay half the shipping
    Forum 180$ and I will pay half the shipping

14. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    How about 180$ shipped for the forum with out a case? The body is near perfect, just lots of smudges in the pics. I'll even put in new shiny pickup screws.
    Great P/J for the money!

15. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Forum is sold, long time no see bump for the cleanest foundation you will ever see!
    200$ shipped east coast, 215$ shipped west coast

16. PM incoming

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021