1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Pair of Aguilar DB900 Tube DI boxes

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by johndough247, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I actually have 2 of these amazing DI boxes (for those that don't know, these have been discounted for years now and are hard to come by) and I'm willing to part with both if you want them...need to fund a new amp/cab setup. The serial numbers are fairly close too (107 units apart), and both are in perfect working order and pretty clean cosmetically as well, mostly kept in my smoke free studio/bedroom (I've done a handful of live shows with both of them; one for bass, one for keyboard bass). Will supply pics upon request. It took me quite awhile to find them and they deliver great solid thick tone every time on stage or in the studio, but I really need a new rig (I may change my mind and hold on to one, we'll see).

!!!PRICE DROP!!!
    [DEL]$375[/DEL] $340 using Paypal, shipped to CONUS (other countries welcome but must have positive feedback and will pay shipping depending on cost)...First DI has already been sold

for possible trades:
    • VT Bass + Cash
    • A good chorus pedal + cash
    • A good compressor + cash

Any other trade ideas throw them my way but cash is preferred and would rather sell them as a pair. Thanks for looking!

2. Hyper-sloth

Hyper-sloth Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Jensen transformer + a 12AX7 tube=heaven! Wish I had something to trade you for one those.

3. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science!

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Amazing deal! This is my go-to studio di. It really adds a pleasant sheen to bass. It also colors the 1/4" out in the same manner - a truly spectacular di & a real deal at $400.

4. Thanks for chiming in guys, after a few years of studio work using Whirlwind DI, Countryman 85, Radial J48, Avalon, Sansamp BDDI, Butler 4001 Tube DI and a few others I can't remember right now, this is the most balanced of the bunch IMO...it's very quiet (i.e no weird hums/static), it's thick but not overly thick like some tube DI's are, and definitely not cold. It won't make a crappy bass sound amazing, but it'll be that little extra 10% that makes the bass shine more. I've never used the REDDI or the very rare Sigma Sound DI's so I can't say which I'd rather have between the two...however both those DI's cost a bit more than the Aguilar.

Hmm, the more I think about it the more I'd rather not part with them...part of me thinks I should just wait a bit and pull the cash from other sources. In any case, they're both still up for grabs...for now :)

5. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    i am definitely keen. need to put up some pedals in the classifieds tho!
    anyone keen on taking the other one? i only need/can afford one at the most

6. PM's replied...getting some offers but I'm not lowering the price on these at all guys; $400 single and $750 pair is the lowest I'll go (and shipping from here to the US ain't cheap). These won't last long and they rarely show up (took me about a year or so to find them both).

7. Here we go...both pedals still up for grabs folks!

7165015571_a0b31cfa01_b.jpg

8. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    Are they voltage switchable? Or just 120V?

9. Seems like only 120V

10. !!!PRICE DROP!!!

[DEL]$400[/DEL] $375 each or [DEL]$750[/DEL] $720 for the pair using Paypal, shipped to CONUS

11. OK Guys and gals, I got a ShuttleMax 12.2 on order so at least one of these DI's got to go:

$340 each or a cool $620 for the pair! thats $310 a box, unheard of for these DIs!! Get um' while they're hot!!

Note: If only one is sold, I may just keep the other, so jump on both if you're thinking about it; a stereo pair of these guys just doesn't come by every day!

12. irvinz

irvinz

Nov 23, 2006
    Australia
    has too much gas
    The only time that these come up are when I am saving for something seemingly more important :( oh well

13. First DI is sold pending payment.

Second one is still up for grabs if you jump on it before I receive the amp.

14. First DI officially sold...couple lookers for the 2nd one but nothing definite yet

15. Pandabass

Pandabass

Aug 14, 2010
    Athens, GA
    PM sent.

16. And away it goes! SOLD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.