Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Perfect Circle and The Mars Volta

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Droog, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Guess this would fall under Misc.

Just found out that the Mars Volta will be opening for the APC tour this spring. Hell Yeah! Definately going to that one.

2. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Good God...

[dies]

3. Wow, thats both wonderful and terrible news. Wonderful because TMV will be touring again soon and I also dig APC, but terrible becasue I'm pretty sure APC plays arenas and stadium, rather than the usual small club setting of a TMV show(which IMO is a much better way to see a band). Either way, thats great.:bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

4. is John Alderete (Racer-X) still playing with the Mars Volta?

5. No, but Jaun Alderete is. ;)

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Here's hoping it comes around here. I saw Tool and Meshuggah at Erie, and they were amazing, but I'm pretty sure they hated it. They didn't sell it out because no one around here likes good music. They didn't even do an encore because no one knew you weren't suppose to just leave after a concert is "finished."

I was pissed. I hope I can see them somewhere cool. Hell, I hope I can see them.

7. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I don't think this is the case. The fall tour APC did was all small venue stuff. Concert hall and what have you. I bet its gonna kick ass. The thing with APC and MV is that, yes we all think they are great, but their music does not draw the tiny-bopper punk rock crowd (thank god). Neither band is very mainstream, I bet the shows stay pretty small. I am definately going.

8. Is this thing just west coast?

9. I guess his real name is Juan- he Englicised/Americanised it to John when he was in Racer X.

10. And de-Americanized it when he joind TMV? Hmmmm.......:confused:

11. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I've got my buddy in the Bay Area buyin' my ticket for it this weekend (I'll pay him when I come down). I can't WAIT for this show. Two of my friends saw Volta headline at the Fillmore a few months ago and I think they saw APC at Lolapalooza last summer. I'm pretty sure this tour's gonna be smaller venues, seeing as how the bay area show's gonna be at Bill Graham Civic (while I've never been there, I assume it's pretty small).

Can't wait!!! :hyper: :hyper:

12. I'm pretty sure it's the same guy- a fellow bassist (currently playing for Zodiac Mindwarp) and fan of Alderete's work with Racer X told me about it- he saw a london Mars Volta gig and recognised Alderete and spoke to him.

13. its gonna be in OKC too.
    I wish i could get tickets, but i wont be able to go.
    i dont like APC tho, so it wouldnt be worth it.

14. M.V can't touch A Perfect Circle:)

15. they can when you cant stand the sound of maynards voice and twiggy's bass put together.

16. here comes the hate....:D

17. hrmm...isn't twiggy a male?

I saw APC live on Conan playing "Judith" and there was a chick on the 4-string.:confused:

18. Sure they can.:)