Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Perfect Circle-Imagine

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Oct 15, 2004.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Anyone else think this doesn't really sound like an APC song? Needs less piano and synth, more guitars. Other than that I think they did a pretty good job at "converting" the song to minor.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Mike's gun safety guy made it in their.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    APC I like. Drat. There goes the neighborhood.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea not bad, I particularly like the last message on the scroll.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Not bad, but a bit over dramatic, as usual. Am I the only one who thinks that APC suffers from too much Maynard?

6. I like it. Much different than the Lennon version, of course. The video is good, I like videos where it's: no band, all screen shots. Very...moving.

7. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I love Tool, and I loved APC's first album but their latest just seems like it is indeed suffering from too much Maynard. He is a great singer but he needs to step off of his throne and let APC shine a little...
    I like the video, and they did a good job with it I think so no compaints from me.

8. too much maynard? Maynard is just as dominate on the 1st apc record than 13th step. If you have a singer as talented as maynard, you use him to his full potential.

9. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I just think that people have different opinions about the 2nd album, as it seems alot slower and emotional compared to Mer De Noms (at least to me) and I read about the troubles between Billy Howardel and Maynard in the concept ideas for the cover artwork and alot of creative control or whatever. It just seems like Maynard wants to do it his way and his way is the whiny depressed way. I have no problem with Maynard or APC but The 13th Step just seemed like the bad apple out of the tree to me even though I did like alot of the stuff on it. Peace, dont think about it too hard :D enjoy it!

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    yup.

11. Lazlo Panaflex

Lazlo Panaflex

Sep 30, 2003
    i like the song, but the video.... it started out good then the dolls? pretty lame.

12. yomchi247

yomchi247

Sep 6, 2004
    Could someone please explain in some kind of detail how they changed it so much? It sounds completely different than the original, but is it because they changed it to a minor (if so please explain what they did)

Thanks a lot...I'm very much a beginner when it comes to music theory, so this might be a good application and example to better my knowledge.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated