1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A Perfect Circle - Rose

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Aug 2, 2007.

1. This song has the fattest, most impressive bass fuzz I have ever heard. I might be mistaken and it could be a synth, but the strong industrial sound suggests to my ears it is actually bass.

Billy is listed as playing bass on this song, but theres no list of gear or anything. Does anyone have any idea how to get close to this tone?

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i think he used software plug-ins for effects on mer de noms.

3. Thunderwood

Thunderwood

Mar 20, 2007
    Delafield, WI
    What a great album, really, I can't get enough of that album. I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm not knowledgeable at all about what billy used on the record but I have strong belief that was a bass. If you listen to each time he plays that decaying harmonic it is not very consistent so my only conclusion is it was played on a stringed instrument.

Come to think of it the entire cycle of the phrase isn't always very consistent but still amazing.

4. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I'm willing to bet the Malekko will get you in the ballpark...anyone?

5. there are some nice live clips of this song on youtube and its all bass and that nice fat fuzz u talk about