A Perfect Circle

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Niels Keijzer, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    Is there anyone here that gave them a listen?
    I did, and I really like it...there's some girl that plays the bass and the violin, and she has a really great tone...just a pick and a fender P, but it sounds great and cuts through. (the bass that is, the violin cutting through is obvious)
    Great vocals as well. (Maynard from Tool)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I bought the album after seeing them perform on Jay Leno's. I play it quite often, but it's not my favorites. Paz is definitely a cool bassist. We need more women bassists...

My favorite though is Anna Kjellberg - Drain (sth)...

<center>Just take a look at this pic :D

3. Niels Keijzer

Niels Keijzer Guest

Nov 27, 2000
    I rememember reading that Drain sounds a lot like old Alice in Chains.
    If that's so, I prefer AIC.
    Funny thing is that I like to play bass with short nails...

Maybe I should check them out, but I've heard that they've (hate to use this term) "split up".

Have you seen the last bassist of Smashing Pumpkins (Melissa something), she could play the thing rather well.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I happen to like them better than AIC, especially their first album Horror Wrestling - still a frequent 'guest' in my CD player. I really bought it because of the music - not because the band looks like the roster of a swedish model agency - honest! :D

They really ROCK, great songs and attitude - it's really too bad they disbanded.
  5. The girl in perfect circle only actually plays bass on like one track on the album. I totally blew my chance to go see them in concert by working overtime.
    I heard she played awesome, though. I also heard they did a tripped out cover version of Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes"
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i like APC. although i'm not that impressed with the bass work, the songs are really excellent, imo, and that's what really matters.
  7. APC is really cool. usually i notice right away when a song is in 3/4, but "the hollow" for example, was so smooth i didn't even notice. a couple other 3/4 songs on the album are like that too.