A Perfect Circle

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by odie, May 25, 2000.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I just got A perfect circle(cd) yesterday. WOW is it good. If your a fan of Tool you'll love it(Also has the same vocalist). Ill probably get slagged by this but I hope Tool never gets back together just so this band can keep going.

Hey John Turner what do you think??
  2. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Uh, sorry...I thought this thread was gonna be about Corea, Holland, Altschul, & Braxton.
  3. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    never gets back together? they never broke up to begin with. they are currently writing a new album. aperfectcircle is Maynard James Keenan's other band.
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

seriously, i think it would be cool if perfect circle went on tour, but to be honest, i am seriously jonseing (adam? ha ha) for some new tool.

strings! strings! i need more strings!

5. in_exile

Feb 14, 2000
    A Perfect Circle is not his side project. It's his other band. Tool is still together. They are just writing right now. A Perfect Circle DID tour. They are/were with Nine Inch Nails. And A Perfect Circle bass player, I can't recall her name, but she if frucking good. During their video, she puts her hair up during a brief guitar solo.

I love the new album but I want TOOL!

Everyone repeat after me. Buckethead. Buckethead. Buckethead.
  6. membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    who called it his side project?
  7. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    zzzzzzzzzz...perfect circle bores me senseless as did post-undertow tool.

undertow was on 50% really good and 50% OK good.

Opiate tops thems all. Unfortunately, everything they do kind of sounds the same.

just my opinions.

My website

My eBay stuff

CDs and Concert shirts for sale

8. dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I heard they sucked. My brother went to see Nine Inch Nails and he said that the general vibe from the crowd was that they sucked. He said everone just lit up while they were playing, but really got into NIN. Just what I heard. I'm not a fan of that type of music, so I may not be a good judge of crap.

9. solo175

Jun 26, 2000
    Tool is one of my favorite bands of all time but I think the Perfect Circle stuff is f*cking crap!
  10. A Perfect Circle is great! I don't know what you're talkin about dude =) you shouldn't say they suck... it takes some skill to do stuff and it won't take a beginner like 10 min to learn their stuff so [​IMG] to you

11. Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    My bro got the cd not to long ago and we listened to it on a road trip. I'm not really into the slow type of music that A Perfect Circle has, but I think it's pretty cool none-theless. It's slow, but it won't put you to sleep if you listen to how the music is and think of what notes are being hit and crap like that. [​IMG]

12. I think it's a great album. I'ts cool to see what else Maynard can do with his vocals... and yes, the bass player is pretty hot. I'm a big tool fan myself, but ya can't put this album on and expect tool. The guitar work isn't very impressive, but it is kinda trippy.. The album is very different...

That's why I like it.

13. love the cd. the bass is not technically impressive, but good and solid. she is HOT though. [​IMG]

we hope you are ok.
  14. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    she's not THAT hot.. she's OK.. lukewarm.. tepid.. yadayada

15. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Mer de Noms still sounds as fresh as ever to me. I've been on a real APC kick recently.

thinking of putting the chorus to "magdalena" as my sig for a while now...

Man, I really like that cd.
  16. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    As a Tool fan, I ran out and got APC's album when it was released... and really didn't like it. It sounded bland to me.

But then I went back to it a year later, and it totally blew me away. The instrumental prowess of Tool isn't there (with the exception of MJK's voice), but the songs are so damn good!

The descending guitar line in "The Hollow" still sends a shiver down my spine, and MJK's shows off a lot more vocal range than he does with Tool. Great lyrics, with some great intertwining vocal melodies (like in "Sleeping Beauty").

I saw APC twice in the winter of 2001 and thought they put on a great show.
  17. odie

odie Supporting Member

Wow an oldie but goodie thread. Man I started that back in 2000!!:eek:
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    supposedly there's another apc disc in the works, coinciding with the danny carey - adrian belew - les claypool project.
  19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    HOLY SHNIKIES! did you just say "danny carey," "adrian belew," "les claypool," and "project" all in the same sentence?

as for the next APC, i've heard that it'll be awhile. hopefully, sooner than later.

any news, arjune? (assuming she still regularly visits here...)
  20. I'm pretty neutral on APC, don't love them but definitely don't dislike them. If I hear them on the radio I don't change the station. I saw them live before I knew who they were at a big festival and I must say they blew most of the other bands out of the water.