1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"A Perfect Cirlce" is back after 6yr. Hiatus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by magneezius, Sep 15, 2010.

1. CultofJay

CultofJay

May 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I was just telling my boss last night that APC should put some new stuff out. This isn't new, but maybe they just want to see if there's enough public interest for new APC material.

2. yeah i think you're right. they're only doing smaller venues to see if they have the fanbase to justify doing more and bigger gigs. But as i've been reading maynard seems really busy writing stuff for APC now and hasn't been focusing on puscifer or Tool. So i'd expect a new APC album before any new Tool album.

Either way I'd love to see josh freese play "the package" off of 13th step. :hyper:

3. Spoonman462

Spoonman462

Jan 20, 2008
    who the hell is gonna go to the eMotive night?

4. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Jan 27, 2008
    Joliet Ill.
    Oh man, I would cream myself to see APC, they're first go round I was too young to go to shows or too broke.

5. my thoughts exactly...Considering APC's first 2 albums it makes eMotive the red headed stepchild of the bunch.

But then again I think they're offering a package deal for all 3 nights, probably in hopes to get people to come out the 3rd night.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Has anyone tried any of Maynard's wine?

7. well i haven't. however at nearly $100 a bottle for maynard's wine im a little hesitant. especially since i've already dropped hundreds of dollars already on seeing dozens of Tool shows.

8. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    Saw APC open for Nine Inch Nails in 2000... it was AMAZING.

Edit:

Does anyone have an idea of what the lineup is going to look like?

9. sounds like a great show. Was that when Paz was playing bass or Jeordie white??

10. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    the very first lineup... Paz, Troy Van Leeuwen, Maynard, Billy Howerdell, and Josh Freese.

Classic.

11. just found this info regarding the lineup:

A Perfect Circle have now confirmed that for this string of shows their lineup will consist of the band's founding members Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdell, as well as Josh Freese who has spent the past year drumming for Weezer, former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha and bassist Matt McJunkins.

12. ez-rhino

ez-rhino

Sep 8, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Bass and Drum Mercenary
    I saw them twice in 2000/2001, on the Mer de Noms tour, they headlined both nights.

The Bronco Bowl, 9/14/2000

Will Rogers Colesium, 2/14/2001

Amazing shows, both of them.

I missed when they played right down the street from where I was living, the last time they came through N. Texas (07/28/03), with Danny Carey's "Pigmy Love Circus" opening, man was I ever pissed about having to miss that.

I sincerely hope this "feeler" tour, or whatever you want to call it, picks up steam, I'd love to see them again.

On a semi-related side note, I saw Puscifer last November, that was a fun, and seriously odd show.

13. Sounds epic man. I definitely regret never getting to see them. Of course at the time i had no job and no money so it wasn't like i didn't want to go.

I sure hope you're right about them picking up steam again though.

I happened to catch puscifer last year in downtown LA and that was a seriously crazy show. There was even a guest appearance with Jeff Freidl on drums and Milla Jovovich doing vocals. good times!

14. According to RS:

Keenan says he’s inviting former bandmates — bassists Paz Lenchantin and Jeordie White along with guitarist Troy Van Leeuwen — to stop by the shows: “I think some of the shows, depending on timing and depending on scheduling, we’ll have Paz and Troy and Jeordie pop down for a song or two.”

15. kuys

kuys

Jun 29, 2010
    Hey now, I liked a few songs off of eMotive.

Of course it wasn't a "great" album but it had it's moments. I rate it up there with Rage Against the Machines "Renegades" a couple okay songs (covers) but not a great album, decent not good, not great, but also not bad.

16. Well i agree it wasn't the worst album ever however they could have had a stronger follow up to 13th step than eMotive. Im just bummed they had to end on that album.

17. ez-rhino

ez-rhino

Sep 8, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Bass and Drum Mercenary

I bet that was a great show!

There was much speculation as to whether "Miss Multipass" would be at either of our shows (they played two nights, back to back, different sets each night). They had that crazy comedian guy opening, more or less, blended into the Puscifer set.

Good times!

18. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    My roommate actually likes Emotive the best of the three...

Its a sad state of affairs.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021