Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Only, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    So here's something odd. I get home from band practice tonight and my dad is waiting. He hands me a list and says "Go to Wal*Mart. We need this stuff tonight." So I look the list over, and ask questions, but he gives me no good answers. So I shop, and return.

Now, the background: I live with my dad. It's only the two of us here, and we have company maybe three times a month. And by company, I don't mean a group, I mean one, maybe two other people. My dad has never hosted a gathering at his house in my life. So why, exactly, did he INSIST that I buy these?

[​IMG]

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    If I drank soda I would be ALL over that.. But.. Maybe he is gonna deem you worthy of a Sadowsky and throwing you a suprise party?

(/daydream)

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    maybe he has a work party tomorrow? i know our holiday party is soooo early this year - next tuesday....

:)

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Better rent a portapotty, STAT! Lines at your bathroom are going to be far too long.

5. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    Unfortunately for WR, those aren't chocolate. Pineapple creme filling.

But there's no upcoming party and no work parties he attends (especially none he'd buy thirty dollars worth of soda for).

At least there are 8 Sams's Choice Ginger Ales. I enjoy the ginger ale.

Also, to clarify, the stuff needed tonight was batteries, lightbulbs, stuff like that. This soda could have waited a day or two apparently, but I didn't want to hit Wal*Mart on a weekend.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Was it on sale for a super cheap price? Before my grandma died, she would buy things by the pallet if they were super cheap.

-Mike

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The rapture.

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Just think... if world would suddenly run out of soda... you can make money with those!

9. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I LOVE SODA, but to me thats just overboard. I if he does none of what you say I woder what would compell him to ask you to get all of that.

10. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    he obviously needs to flush something out of his system :ninja:

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That seems sorta....obsessive/compulsive or something.

brad cook

12. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Your dad's name isn't "McGyver" is it? if so, I'd start running for the hills right now. There was one episode where Mcgyver was able to blow a hole in a sealed mine shaft with gingerale and batteries. God know what kind of mayhem the lightbulbs will cause. :bag:

DD

13. I don't see any Dr. Thunder in there. You CANNOT have a par-tay without a proper supply of Dr. Thunder.

14. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Perhaps he is going underground? Maybe he is giving up life on the surface to become king of the Mole People? The soda will serve as a wonderful distraction while he wrests the throne from the current leader? After that, a war of epic proportions with the CHUD. Just a thought.

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I concur. Dr. Thunder is probably the only 'fake' soda brand out there that's as good as the real thing.

16. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I'm going to have to disagree about Dr. Thunder being the only good one.

This Sam's Choice Ginger Ale is awesome!

Also, another interesting (or not) point:

Why did I need to buy 4 bottles of Coca-Cola and 4 of the generic?

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i take it you haven't asked your dad yet?

i'm prolly more curious than you - get with it!!!

:D

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yes...why didn't you just ask your dad what the purpose of this stuff is? Or did you ask him but it just made for a better story if you pretended you had no idea what it's for?

:ninja:

brad cook

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    they are probably starting a meth lab for diabetics

20. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Get your insumeth here!