Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A plug and a plea

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Jeff Bollbach, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    My plug is for my friend Geoff[jeffwithaG] Morrow. Geoff just launched a website for his business- The Bass Garden. He sells a range of used basses. Geoff is ridiculously honest and if you are looking for a bass in the NY-metro area and don't like hype or bs you should check him out.
    www.bassgarden.net

My plea is for more of youse guys to become supporting members. I understand not being one-for years I listened to local NPR programing without ponying up. Of course, I would always change the station during fundraisers[while feeling guilty]. Once I started contributing though I really felt much better and I felt like I was more a part of something. Now TB doesn't have fundraisers [other than a once in a blue moon post to hawk a t-shirt] so it's left up to us to contribute without being prompted[I guess this is a prompt]. It's been a no-brainer for me-I've benefitted a lot from my TB hang. I've gotten a bunch of new clients, got my site out there in a big way, learned a lot, expressed a lot, made some new friends and last but not least-had fun while dramatically increasing my typing speed. Even just the name thang spawned by Ed PaucityofanoldHotTunaalbum has been worth it. But the resource here for any bass player is killer. Info on any aspect of the DB is right here all the time and any time. Ask a question and someones gonna know the answer or how to get it. There's gotta be more info here on the DB than any other place on the web. Plus the site is so well run and well designed. If there is ever a problem Admin Paul always seems to fix it in half the time he predicts. In addition Don and Chris have set a tenor here that minimizes all the B.S. and maximizes the info sharing and feeling of community.

So buy a t-shirt already!

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    I forgot to mention that Dave Cardon did Geoff's site. The usual clean job.