Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A poll about where I should spend my money!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sargent_duck, Dec 25, 2002.

1. SWR Working Mans Fifteen witch I would hope to expand with a SWR WM's 2x10

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A Laney B3 Combo it's a 2x10 and a 1x15 it's 600 watt

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. A Laney RBH 800 Head (300 watt) With a Laney 4x10 and expand in time with a 1x15

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sargent_duck

sargent_duck Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Ireland
    ok heres the story I have been saveing all my gig money and normal cash for bloody ages and I think its now time to spend it....................... on a new rig of course.

Im currently useing a Ibanez ATK (which I love and wont be changeing for a long time) through a Laney RBW300 witch is ok, but far to small.

I the band we play basically just rock and a bit of everything, such as, Thin Lizzy, U2, RHCP, and well anything.

So I have it down to 3 or so amps but I dont really know wich to go for I think there more or less in or around the same ball park.

they are:

SWR Working Mans Fifteen witch I would hope to expand with a SWR WM's 2x10

A Laney B3 Combo it's a 2x10 and a 1x15 it's 600 watt,

Or a Laney RBH 800 Head (300 watt) With a Laney 4x10 and expand in time with a 1 x 15. (A full stack my dream)

Or if you have any suggestions please share, limit of about €1300

Thanks all and Happy Christmas + New Year

2. fatrhino

fatrhino

Jan 2, 2000
    If the full stack is your dream... then there should be no question about it.

3. I'll tell you what, since you don't now what you want. I'll take a frettless Cirrus 6 and 4 and a fretted 4. And then you can buy me the best amp in the world!!!

Just kidden', I really like the Workingmans 15 cabs. I am going to get two for a new rig a I am building. Anyone know how they do with a five string and turned up loud?

4. Other: Donate it to the Feed The Will Foundation

Everyday, Will is in danger of starving for his unfulfilled GAS. If you contribute today, not only will you get the eternal satisfaction knowing you helped make Will's collection *that* much bigger, you also get his eternal thanks. And when his mayonaisse and chicken fast food restaurant gets off the ground, he'll send you a nice car with a puppy (or kitty) inside, accompanied by a beautiful woman.

5. :p :p :p

LOL-all the way home

:D

6. sargent_duck

sargent_duck Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Ireland
    Tell Ya what BigWig Will, you convinced me U can have the cash on one condition!! you hook me up with some of that tasty chicken and mayo your talking about!! I have a big soft spot for it. ok ???

7. flacko

flacko

Dec 6, 2001
    Surrey , UK
    Try a Laney B1 head : great amp IMO. Got mine for 550 GBP new.

Have a great time spending that money :)