A poll for Bruce

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankBass, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
  2. No

3 vote(s)
  3. ;)

19 vote(s)
  1. Will he be offended by this poll? Place your vote now!
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Haha! Nice one.

I was a close call between Yes and ;) (obviously it wasn't gonna be No) - but I went for Yes.
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    anything to raise his post count...;)
  4. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I voted yes...Bruce gets offended by anything...

still love ya Bruce;)
  5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I don't know why anybody thinks I am the least bit interested in my post count? :confused:

It is the last thing on my mind or that I ever think about - truly!

I get bored in the day, come along for a break from work and just look at "New posts since last log on" then reply to whatever comes up at the top and takes my interest - this has followed the same pattern for a few years now.

I don't know where all the sudden interest in me/this has come from - it seems to be everybody else, who has a bizarre fascination with my postcount - it just happens that a few of us - like JimK, Ed Fuqua etc. stumbled on to this place before the rest of you! ;)

And of those who did get here first, it seems that I am the fastest typist - given that my job involves typing in reams of SQL code on an ancient mainframe system, that means the interface is virtually a test of "typing accuracy" - this is no surprise to me!! :D

If I really wanted to increase my post count - I wouldn't be going to great lengths to explain myself in complicated arguments - I would be typing loads of stupid, inane one or two word posts at random in all the forums. Whereas any fool can see that I stick to particular types of topics and post a lot in areas that interest me - if I was just trying to increase my post count I could do it much more efficiently than this!!! :rolleyes:
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, come now, bruce. click this link -

that's 1532 posts in the past 3 months. :D

geeze, i've needed 1463 in the same time period just to keep up. :D :D
  8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Maybe - but I'm not trying to increase post count - just filling the time I have where I am waiting for code to run etc or just feel like I need a rest!

What I was saying was that i could make that twice as much, at least, if I didn't consider what I said and just put random meaningless words all over the place - so like :

Yeah man !
    That's "nice"!
    Cool-looking bass, dude!

etc etc
  9. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Word! :D
  10. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Carrots! Carrots! Carrots!
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

Don't tempt him!!! ;)

Yeah Man! :bassist:
  12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think you misunderstood him, jt

;) ;) j/k:bassist:
  13. this has brought a smile to my face. tears just a minute ago, now a smile. god i love my tb family. i had to vote yes. and then i read everything, yes was good. lol. j/k bruce. we love you dude. would not know what to do without you. so how do you get that many posts in one day. whew. :)
  14. What does our Bruce actually work as?

If he's got this much time to spend on TB.......?
  15. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Where's the carrots? There should have been a Make Bruce eat carrots option! 11,000 plus posts and they've all been long winded???
  16. Why don't we make him eat a carrot for every post he posts? That'd really slow him down.

17. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't see a smilie....

18. Where's the option for 'yes I hope so'?
  19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
  20. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    How'd you vote, Bruce?