1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A PRAYER AND GOOD WISH THREAD

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Apr 21, 2006.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    Hi, wonderful people of TB.
    My best wishes for you all.
    I am compelled to start this thread because I believe it can bring a world of good.
    Since I myself have been the recipient of so many good wishes and prayers, and they have brought healing to my life
    I feel the need to say this.
    Many of our own are experiencing hardships and trouble in their lives, unfortunately, and I think we should show support and this is one way to do so.I think it would be great if we come come to this thread and share good will and prayer with those who may need and appreciate it.
    I'll start by thanking you all for your love and support in my time of need, and praying and wishing the best for our own Chris A and Mikebass. That they be feeling well and healing.
    Also, two other musicians that need prayer.

Jose Martinez - drummer, who just arrived in Vegas with his folks and suffered a stroke. He is making a slow but impressive recovery, but still very much in the weeds

Kurt Kolstadt - drummer and guitarist, living in Seattle, Fighting the fight of his life with cancer. He has a family that needs him. A great guy with a big , wonderful heart.

Please pray for them and lift our love and positive strength to them.
    Please feel free to post your requests for support for anyone you feel needs it. This is not a thread about Christianity, even though i think you all know my strong faith in the Lord. It doesn't matter if you are Christian, Jewish, Bhuddist, Hindu, Muslim, Agnostic, Atheist or whatever. It's about support for our fellow man. It's about love, BRING IT!

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Peace be with you ALL :)

3. I'd like to ask you all to keep my uncle in your thoughts and prayers. He's had Multiple Sclerosis for... well at least 20 years now. He's slowly been declining, I remember when I he could walk with a cane, but now he's completely restrained to his wheelchair. He's 51 now, and it's starting to get very tough. The most amazing part is that he has the best sense of humor out of anyone I know. We complain about having it tough but he's never complained once about how he can't use the whole right side of his body, and now can't use much of it at all. He's an amazing man.

It'd be great if you could keep him in your thoughts/prayers. Thanks!

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    I'll make this promise right now- every night before i go to bed , i will look at this thread and note the posts, and i will surely include them in my prayers. So consider your uncle prayed for!

5. Amen! my thoughs and prayers go to everyone who need them.

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Come September I move out, and my mom isn't feeling to great about it.

When the fall rolls around could you pray for her? :)