1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A proper guitarist joins talkbass!! Cowers for cover

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by wightvanman, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Hi everyone. I live on the Isle of Wight, south coast of England, very near to the site of the famous 'free' festival in 1970 when Jimi Hendrix played.I play the 6 string...my wife plays the bass...she's always telling me how good the talkbass forum is so I thought I'd join and see if she's right. I like all types of music.... I'm 46. I've been into all sorts ever since I was a teenager in the early70's.Started with Bowie. Then into punk rock..saw all the punk bands in england..Pistols, Clash, Buzzcocks, Ramones, Jam etc. Then got into classic guitar rock, led zep, deep purple..and so on. I have no preconceived prejudices or opinions.I just like good music.
    First ever single bought..Mott The Hoople..All the young dudes
    First album...David Bowie...Ziggy Stardust
    Most recent CD..Arctic Monkeys...absolutely brilliant
    Favourite bass player... oooh difficult..well apart from my wife I would have to say...Trevor Bolder, John Paul Jones and Jean Jacques Burnel.

2. Oh no! This is my space!!!!
    Welcome ;)