Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A public thank you.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Feb 22, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Hey for some reason the last few days I've been extremely thankful. Maybe its do to the stress that Ive had the last few weeks finally is left in my rear view mirror.

But anyway, I've gotten some awesome advice here. Everything from music related, to relationship and love advice. Heck even awesome car info from Mike N.

Its a cool feeling when I know I can post a question on anything, well almost ;) and will get some knowledgable replies.

The guys in my band are extremely jealous of the resources I have here at TB and the other bass communities out there( ala Dudepit). Not sure if its because bassists are inherently cooler people or not.

I like to think so.!!!!!:cool:

Kudos!!

2. AWWWWWWWW!!

Group hug!!!:)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You're welcome. Wait, who are you??? :confused:

:D

4. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    hehe! That's cool! and while we're on the subject I'd like to say thanks to the people who've joined me in my sillyness and to the people who've endured my sillyness!:D

5. My band members think i am pathetic for being on the net and especially a Internet forum. I dont care what they think, i have learnt more here than they could possibly imagine.

:D:D

Merls

6. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I'd like to add my thanks to OD's. I know what you mean about being thankful lately.

My job is a wee bit stressful, and it's not going to get better any time soon. This place is a pleasant escape from reality. I think my post count is only about 1 per day, but I do spend a fair amount of time here lurking in the shadows (story of my life). ;) Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to hang out with some super people, decompress, and not be responsible for ANYTHING. It's keeping me sane. :cool:

7. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    God bless us all.

:)

8. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Thanks back to you Odie...otherwise my butt would have gone unnoticed!
    It's been a fun few days on here...:D

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    gosh... that's sweet all.... I think I'm gonna cry!

:bawl:

I have been dying to use that smilie!

:D

P@

10. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No sweat for the car info. Ask anytime.:cool:

11. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    i have so much stress at my job, and they keep piling more on me to get done and raising their expectations of me. tb and playing are the only things that get all the work stress out of my system until a new day.

only problem is when im super stressed i dont really learn while i play, its just kinda experimental get your mind off of everything stuff. i am getting better at that though so who knows.

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    [​IMG]
    I love you... you love me...

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ONLY IN TALKBASS!

[​IMG]