A Question about Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ykld, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ykld

Jan 18, 2005
    I'm looking for a bass compressor. I'm playing rock, nu-metal and emo. Recently i find that when i use a pick to play the 16th note, it sounds so dirty and lack for tightness.(sorry i don't know how to explain, i'm not good at english.) i noticed a compressor can be used for guitar and bass - Rocktron Big Crush. Its price is so cheap that i can afford. But i do not know how it works in bass even though its advertisement says it can works well in bass.

Thanks and expect for your reply.

i use a spector NS4CR made by Czech.
  2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I keep hearing this, but mine works well for me set level=11:30, tone=2:00, attack=2:00, compression=11:00. The setting above is pretty squashed, though, and the treble is boosted like that - it would be less radical and more transparent to use level=12:00, tone=12:00, attack=2:00, compression=9:30-10:00.

I'd like to try the EBS unit; I'll bet it IS better than the little US$80 Boss unit.

3. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    PreSonus Blue Max is a nice compressor. I use Fretted Preset 1. Got mine used for $50.
  4. Another vote for the Aphex punch factory, doesnt colour your tone at all,very nice and simple
  5. ykld

Jan 18, 2005
    Thx, I'd seen that site. The users' reviews about that pedal are all guitarist... so it can't help me.
  6. ykld

Jan 18, 2005
    Thanks for everyone's opinions. Yesterday i posted the thread but no one reply. I just felt frustrated. But now i'm seeing friendly bassists. This is a good forum! :)
  7. You have to understand, that not a day goes by that there isn't a thread started about Compressor's. Not that your question isn't valid, but the thread title is "a question about compressor". I suggest being more specific in your title and it will attract forum members who have experience with that particular issue. It's not that the members here don't care about your question, it's that we trust you to do a search, read every thread, and discover that your question has probably been answered already.

Please don't be offended, but try to understand where some of us are coming from.