A question about emgs.....

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, Apr 4, 2003.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    I have been told that a pair of active emgs(Jazz) will sound the same no matter if the bass is made of maple, or bubinga or alder or..... bla bla. Is this true??
  2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I think the point is that EMG's always sound like EMG's, but a lot depends on the player, and a lot depends on the construction of the bass, just like any other pickup.
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    The pickups can only put out whatever vibrations they are picking-up to begin with. granted, they will have a certain sound charachteristic to them, but they can onyl work with what goes into them. If you put the same pups in a squier and a fodera, the fodera is still gonna sound better. I have EMG's in my spector and so do some deans, but they certainly don't sound the same. What Flatwound said :D
  4. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    thanks for the answers, now i think that i'm going with emgs for my next bass.:D
  5. westcoastmetal

Apr 7, 2003
    i put a set of emg pj in my new fender mim p bass deluxe,i did it because these pups will give me a heavy metal sound wich is what i go for,very punchy and super quiet,i love thse things,if you play metal you will like them