1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A question about LaBella Deep Talking

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sbociol, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Hi TBassists,

a friend of mine wanted to know if the aforementioned strings will fit his Warwick Thumb Bolt-On's bridge saddles,and since I've never tried them here is my question for you.Will they do the job? :D

Thank you

2. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    bump

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    They are normal string diameters--why wouldn't they work?

4. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    The Thumb Bolt-On bridge saddles won't allow certain kind of strings...I had one and I couldn't use D'Addario Strings for instance...

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    That sounds frankly bizarre. Why exactly couldn't you use D'Addario strings?

6. EviscerateNick

EviscerateNick

May 9, 2007
    BAY AREA
    Endorsing Artist: THC GOLD
    if the B string is tapered then it will fit fine. if not you might have to fight it a bit to get it in there.

7. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    Kinda hard to explain...it's been a while since they stole my Warwick...however the problem was that the D'Addario strings had a thicker bridge end than other strings,and the saddles won't allow that,resulting in the impossibility to load those strings...in my personal experience I had to settle down with Warwick strings,which (for obvious reasons) fitted in ,but they weren't my cup of tea at all

8. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    OK, so the saddles are grooved for narrow diameters, necessitating light gauge and/or tapered strings. That sounds reasonable and has nothing to do with D'Addario or LaBella as brands. What you're asking then is: "Do LaBella Deep Talking low E or low B strings come in a light gauge or a tapered end?"

I think the answer is no. But any set that offers a tapered low E and/or low B will work--from any brand.

9. Sbociol

Sbociol

Feb 24, 2009
    If that can be of any help,my friend plays a 6-string Thumb Bolt-on fretless,maybe I should have mentioned this before...