1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

a question about my bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mykeindk, Jul 12, 2003.

1. mykeindk

mykeindk

Nov 18, 2002
    california
    recently i just bought my Geddy lee Jazz bass and i've been playing a standard jazz bass well it wasnt mine but i was using it forawhile and i always liked it a lot but i gave it back to the righful owner and now i bought a geddy lee... for some reason the pickups make the bass sound sor of like a p-bass well to me like it sounds all ranchy and not very bassy you catch my drift? is it the picks ups that make this thing sound this way.. also i was thinking of replacing those pickups on the geddy for some EMG's. Would my bass sound a lot better and more jazzy if i replaced them? well thanks for your time.

2. Well the Geddy bass was built to get his tone, so it's supposed to sound cruchy or whatever. If you want a bassier tone, replacing the pickups could do it. I'm not sure though, so wait before doing anything.

3. You may just need to spend a decent amount of time resetting up your amps eq. Every bass reacts differently.