Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A Question about Selling a Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Deynn, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    What percentage, would be good amount, to subtract from the selling price of a bass...if...
    It was brand new...suffered some body damage, but had been professionally repaired...AND...
    was perfect in every other regard?

2. There are so many variables, it's hard to say. Brand name,
    collector value, how much damage,how well repaired, all have an effect on the value.

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Yeah...I know...I was just shooting for a ballpark figure. It really IS hard to determine...'cause just as you stated...there are just so many variables.

4. Nails

Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Give us some more details. For example: age, how much you used it, brand and model, what you paid for it to begin with, etc. That'll help us give you an estimate on value.

5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I suppose that WOULD help...:)

It is a Dean Edge 6 string in the see-thru cherry finish. I have had it about three weeks now, but have decided to sell it, because even though I like the tone of this bass (EMG-HZ pickups)...I like the "feel" of my other six string better.
    I will probably put it in the classifieds here at TB and try to give somebody wanting a low cost six string bass a deal. Or...I'll go the old Ebay route...:)
    I guess it would also help...to take some pictures of it.