1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A question about Sovtek Bassov Blues Boy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mglasco092907, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mglasco092907

mglasco092907

Dec 20, 2010
    kentucky
    I have a chance to purchase a Sovtek Bassov Blues Boy, and I was wondering about the sound of the amp. Is this more of an Ampeg or Fender tone? The issue is, someone has removed the back of the fuse holders fromt his so, obviously it won't power on. The person is looking for $300 out of it as it sits.....just looking for opinions mainly and any advise would be greatly appreciated!

2. I think none of those two... But the sound of Sovtek is sonically closer to Fender than to Ampeg...

3. mglasco092907

mglasco092907

Dec 20, 2010
    kentucky
    That's what I've been hearing, my trusted amp tech told me that since I've been eyeballing Bassman 100's (silverface) that I need to attempt to get this one and see if I enjoy the tone. Right now I'm running an Ampeg V4 and totally love it, but I'm just looking to expand my horizons