A question about the new BOSS PW-10

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tard85, Jul 25, 2002.

1. tard85

May 5, 2002
    I was just wondering what the new BOSS PW-10 V-Wah Pedal does? I'm interested in getting one for my bass, but I would just like to have some feedback about it, and the stuff it does. Thanks.
  2. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    From Musician's Friend:

This first-of-its-kind programmable COSM-based modeling wah gives you instant access to 6 classic and modern wah pedal sounds, as well as all-new Double Resonance, Uni-V, and Voice sounds never found in a wah pedal before. The V-Wah features onboard overdrive/booster effects plus 3 digital memories for storing your favorite sounds. Also features noise-free infrared operation.

World's first COSM modeling wah pedal with 6 classic and modern wah pedal models
    Noise-free operation with advanced infrared pedal detection
    8 onboard Overdrive/Distortion effects to perfectly complement the wah sounds
    New Voice mode simulates talking vowel sounds
    New Double Resonance mode creates analog synth-type sounds
    Uni-V effects produces vintage swirling rotary sounds
    3 digital memories for saving customized wah sounds for instant recall
    Wah range knob allows users to customize the filtering range instantly
  3. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    It sounds pretty good on the bass. A guitar player friend got one and I tried it out. The bass wah
    setting is clean and sounds very nice. Some of the other wahs sound pretty good too. The uni-vibe
    and voice settings are interesting and could be worked into some cool effects and sounds.

Some of the effects on it were so-so for the bass. The distortion on it isn't bad either, but definitely
    looses some of the low end like most distortions do. I would give this a serious look when checking out
    Wahs. We found it for $139, so if you see it for more, haggle!
  4. I love my PW-10. It is a keyboard liberation machine. All 3 memories have usable envelope filter sounds, with or without distortion.
  5. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004

envelopr filter? the PW-10???